A Community of Exceptional Nurses
Fully revised and streamlined to include the most recent information, Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach provides students with the theory and application knowledge necessary to fully prepare them for the highly specialized and complicated technical world of critical care nursing.
CSC Review Course on CD-ROM (#300910) Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing (#100257)Practice CSC Review Questions (item #200605)
By purchasing all items together you get them for 10% less than you would by purchasing the items separately.
By purchasing items together, you get them for 10% less than if you buy them separately.
• Provides practice-based evidence and clinically useful interventions designed to modify and manage challenging and disruptive patient behavior
• Represents interdisciplinary collaborative work among staff nurses, advanced practice nurses, psychiatrists, social workers, occupational therapists, and psychologists
• Presents clinical practice savvy equally useful to new psychiatric nurses and nursing students
• Disseminates information in an easy-to-access, consistent format
• Describes the positive and negative contributors to professional quality of life
• Explores the multifaceted nature of compassion fatigue and burnout, in nursing
• Addresses the unique risk factors for nurses who work in critical care/ER, oncology, medical/surgical, and palliative care areas
• Offers holistic self and group strategies and action plans to help leadership and staff nurses overcome compassion fatigue and promote work satisfaction
• Addresses gaps in education which contribute to the development of compassion fatigue and burnout
• Designed for nurses in stressful health care environments, and nurse educators and students
• Presents the essential tools for designing, conducting, analyzing, and funding intervention studies
• Designed for use by health care professionals conducting intervention research
• Provides comprehensive, accessible guidelines for doctoral students across all health care disciplines
• Instructs readers on writing grant applications that fund
• Includes digital examples of funded research grants, progress reports, and final reports
Key Features: • Provides concrete strategies for the NP and Administrator that support the transition from clinic to hospital-based APN practice • Addresses a growing need for role identification and integration of the NP role into the hospital setting • Covers the planning, implementation, and evaluation process of the hospital-based NP • Focuses on the improvement of patient outcomes and cost reduction • Written by national NP experts
Nurse Managers, are you struggling with staffing schedules, productivity, and quality of care? Face it, managing day to day issues-such as how to staff, schedule, assess tradeoffs, maintain morale, deal with schedule hogs, and effectively run a unit-is a difficult job and something that you were never trained to do in nursing school. What you need is a book that provides easy to understand examples to obtain quality outcomes, staff satisfaction, and patient satisfaction.
Author Myra Ellis
Approved for 12.4 continuing education credits.
Based on the 2012 test plan, this review course helps candidates for AACN’s CSC (cardiac surgery) subspecialty certification better prepare for the exam. The CSC certification review will equip you with knowledge about the care and treatment of patients undergoing surgery for coronary artery revascularization, cardiac valve repair/replacement, and thoracic aorta repair.
Presented by: Leanna Miller
Based on the the 2012 test plan, this 11-hour program is designed for nurses preparing for AACN’s cardiac medicine subspecialty certification (CMC). The course also offers nurses who care for cardiovascular patients a convenient opportunity to deepen their level of cardiac knowledge and skill.
Learn more about what we have to offer based on your role in the industry.