A Community of Exceptional Nurses
Now completely up to date to meet the needs of today's pediatric nurses this book remains the foundational text of pediatric critical care nursing. Known for its outstanding organization and clear descriptions, this comprehensive reference details the unique care required for critically ill children with thorough discussions of physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, collaborative management, and nursing management. Ten new chapters, new advanced practice content, and new nurse contributors and reviewers ensure that this classic text continues to be the essential resource for the care of critically ill children.
· Details differences in caring for critically ill children as compared with caring for adults: how to modify assessment procedures, consider aspects of psychosocial development, and examine developmental aspects of various body systems.
· Provides comprehensive coverage of physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and nursing management related to care of the critically ill child.
· Includes detailed Nursing Care Plans for select disorders.
· Contains helpful appendices such as pediatric drug dosages, central venous catheter care, and pediatric fluid requirements.
· Features Evolve online resources with additional content for further study of related topics, including tables for ease of recollection of material and additional references.
Learn more about what we have to offer based on your role in the industry.