A Community of Exceptional Nurses
CMC Review Course on CD-ROM
Based on the the 2012 test blueprint, this 11-hour program is designed for nurses preparing for AACN’s cardiac medicine subspecialty certification (CMC). The course also offers nurses who care for cardiovascular patients a convenient opportunity to deepen their level of cardiac knowledge and skill.
The CMC review presents a comprensive discussion of assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiovascular problems, including:
· acute coronary syndrome
· symptomatic dysrhythmias
· heart failure
· cardiac structural defects
· cardiac tamponade
· systemic and pulmonary hypertension
· pulmonary emboli
· acute inflammatory disease
The course also covers topics such as targeted temperature management (therapeutic hypothermia), pulmonary, endocrine, renal, neurologic, hematologic, and behavioral concerns related to patients with cardiac disease.
Course offers 11.0 contact hours of CNE credit.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
· Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to manage illnesses pertinent to the care of cardiac medical patients.
· Formulate a plan of care to meet mutually derived outcomes for cardiac medical patients.
· Describe the management of cardiac medical patients with hemodynamic abnormalities.
Product Code: 300917
Authors: L. Miller
Learn more about what we have to offer based on your role in the industry.