Alumnus status was designed for CCRN-, CCRN-E-, CCRN-K- and PCCN-certified nurses who don’t meet eligibility for certification but are still in the nursing profession in some other capacity, many of whom have expressed a strong desire to remain connected with their credential. Alumnus status is renewable on a 3-year cycle.
The "Alumnus CCRN,", "Alumnus CCRN-E," “Alumnus CCRN-K” or "Alumnus PCCN" designation, written out, may be used on your CV or resume or below your name and credentials on a business card, but may not be used after your signature or on a name badge.
- Have held CCRN, CCRN-E, CCRN-K or PCCN certification at some time in the past
- No longer working with acutely and/or critically ill patients or in an adult tele-ICU, not even in a supervisory role (supervisors at the bedside are still qualified to be certified and are, therefore, not qualified for the Alumnus status), for enough hours to renew an active CCRN, CCRN-E, CCRN-K or PCCN certification
- Submission of a completed application and fee
- No submission of CERPs is required
- A wall certificate denoting Alumnus CCRN, Alumnus CCRN-E, Alumnus CCRN-K or Alumnus PCCN status
- Attractive lapel pin that denotes Alumnus status
- Monthly issues of AACN Bold Voices
- Eligible to attend the annual Certification Celebration at NTI
Payable in U.S. Funds. Fees are subject to change without notice.
For further information please contact AACN Customer Care at (800) 899-2226.