Alumnus status was designed for CCRN-, CCRN-E- and PCCN-certified nurses who have left bedside care but are still in the nursing profession in some other capacity, many of whom have expressed a strong desire to remain connected with their credential. Alumnus status is renewable on a 3-year cycle.
The "Alumnus CCRN", "Alumnus CCRN-E" or "Alumnus PCCN" designation, written out, may be used on your CV or resume or below your name and credentials on a business card, but may not be used after your signature or on a name badge.
- Have held CCRN, CCRN-E or PCCN certification for at least three years at some time in the past
- No longer working at the bedside of acutely or critically ill patients, or in a tele-ICU, not even in a supervisory role (supervisors at the bedside are still qualified to be certified and are, therefore, not qualified for the Alumnus status), for enough hours to renew an active CCRN, CCRN-E or PCCN certification
- Submission of a completed application and fee
- No submission of CERPs is required
- A wall certificate denoting Alumnus CCRN, Alumnus CCRN-E or Alumnus PCCN
- Attractive lapel pin that denotes Alumnus status
- Monthly issues of AACN Bold Voices
- Eligible to attend the Certification Celebration at NTI
Payable in U.S. Funds. Fees are subject to change without notice.
Access a copy of the Alumnus application. For further information please contact AACN Customer Care at (800) 899-2226.