Alumnus status was designed for CCRN, CCRN-K, CCRN-E, PCCN and PCCN-K-certified nurses who don’t meet eligibility for certification but are still in the nursing profession in some other capacity, many of whom have expressed a strong desire to remain connected with their credential. Alumnus status is renewable on a 3-year cycle.
The "Alumnus CCRN," "Alumnus CCRN-K," “Alumnus CCRN-E,” "Alumnus PCCN" or "Alumnus PCCN-K" designation, written out, may be used on your CV or resume or below your name and credentials on a business card, but may not be used after your signature or on a name badge.
- Have held CCRN, CCRN-K, CCRN-E, PCCN or PCCN-K certification at some time in the past
- No longer working with acutely or critically ill patients, not even in a supervisory role (supervisors at the bedside are still qualified to be certified and are, therefore, not qualified for Alumnus status), for enough hours to renew an active CCRN, CCRN-K, CCRN-E, PCCN or PCCN-K certification
- Submission of a completed application and fee
- No submission of CERPs is required
- A wall certificate denoting Alumnus status
- Attractive lapel pin that denotes Alumnus status
- Monthly issues of AACN Bold Voices
- Eligible to attend the annual Certification Celebration at NTI
Payable in U.S. Funds. Fees are subject to change without notice.
For further information please contact AACN Customer Care at 800-899-2226.