Computer-Based Testing (CBT)
- The same eligibility requirements apply as for computer-based testing, although paper-and-pencil exam sessions are priced based on the number testing together and may be higher than for CBT. Refer to the Exam Handbook for your certification for details.
- For information about paper and pencil exams for large groups testing together within the U.S., please contact AACN via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests for paper-and-pencil testing must be submitted in writing at least three months before the exam date, along with all completed applications and appropriate fees.
- An email address for the group point of contact must be provided.
- Group discount pricing does not apply to paper-and-pencil sessions.
- Exam results are mailed to candidates three to four weeks following paper-and-pencil testing.
Testing Outside the U.S.
- Individuals residing outside the U.S. may apply to test at an international testing site. Exams are offered via paper-and-pencil or Web-based testing (Web-based currently applies to Adult CCRN and Neonatal CCRN exams only).
- For international testing inquiries or requests please contact AACN via email at email@example.com.
- Requests for an international paper and pencil exam must be submitted in writing at least three months before the test date.
- Web-based testing requires a special application, which is available by contacting AACN via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates With Disabilities or Impairments
- AACN Certification Corporation is committed to ensuring that no individual is deprived of the opportunity to take the exam solely by reason of a disability or impairment.
- Every testing site is fully accessible and compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Special testing arrangements will be considered for disabled individuals who submit a request in advance.
- Documentation and verification of the disability or impairment from a licensed professional must be submitted with the exam application and indicated by checking the appropriate box on the exam application.
- Special testing accommodations, such as additional testing time, reader signer or amanuenses, require advance approval.
- Only candidates approved by AACN Certification Corporation will receive special accommodations during testing.
- Scheduling for the hearing impaired is available online at www.goAMP.com.
Candidate Evaluations or Complaints
- You may provide comments for any test item during a computerized exam by clicking on the button displaying an exclamation point (!) to the left of the TIME button.
- This opens a dialog box to enter comments.
- Only comments submitted at the test site will be considered during the final scoring process.
- Because of test security considerations, you will not receive individual replies about the content of test items, nor will you be permitted to review test items after completing the exam.
- At the conclusion of the exam, you may complete a brief survey about test administration conditions.
- Please mail complaints or comments about assessment site facilities, test supervision or any other matter related to the testing program to AACN Certification Corporation, 101 Columbia, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-4109 or via email to: email@example.com.
- Provide your name and address in all correspondence.
- When questions or comments concern an exam already taken, the date of the exam and the location of the testing site must also be noted.
- We will investigate and reply to each complaint.