Basic Hemodynamic Monitoring
Lesson 1 - Basics of Hemodynamic Monitoring Systems
Topic 1: Basic Components of Hemodynamic Pressure Monitoring Systems
Topic 2: Obtaining Accurate Hemodynamic Values
Lesson 2 - Arterial Pressure Monitoring
Topic 1: Catheter Types and Insertion Techniques
Topic 2: Complications of Arterial Pressure Monitoring
Topic 3: Waveforms and Clinical Applications
Topic 4: Direct Vs. Indirect Measurement of Arterial Pressure
Topic 5: Obtaining Blood Samples
Topic 6: Arterial Catheter Removal
Lesson 3 - Central Venous Pressure Monitoring
Topic 1: Catheter Types
Topic 2: Insertion of Central Catheters — Sites and Techniques
Topic 3: Managing Central Venous Catheters
Topic 4: Waveform Analysis and Clinical Applications
Topic 5: Complications
Topic 6: Water Vs. Pressure Transducer Monitoring
Lesson 4 - Pulmonary Artery Catheters
Topic 1: Indications For PA Catheter
Topic 2: Catheter Types
Topic 3: Insertion
Topic 4: Managing and Troubleshooting PA Catheters
Topic 5: Waveform Analysis
Topic 6: Complications and Associated Problems
Topic 7: Clinical Applications
Lesson 5 - Cardiac Output Monitoring
Topic 1: Factors Affecting Cardiac Output
Topic 2: Methods of Calculating CO
Topic 3: Clinical Application of CO
Topic 4: Minimally invasive and Noninvasive CO Monitoring
Lesson 6 - Oxygenation and Transport
Topic 1: Oxygen Supply and Demand
Topic 2: Types of Catheters
Topic 3: Causes of Oxygen Supply/Demand Imbalances
Topic 4: Clinical Applications
Lesson 7 - Pharmacological Management of Hemodynamics
Topic 1: Managing Preload
Topic 2: Managing Afterload
Topic 3: Managing Contractility
- Identify and describe the components of a hemodynamic monitoring system.
- Describe the elements of, and nursing considerations for, arterial pressure monitoring.
- Discuss the indications for, contraindications of and general management principles for, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, cardiac output testing and mixed venous oxygenation monitoring.
- Identify the characteristics of normal and abnormal central venous and pulmonary artery pressure waveforms.
- Discuss the indications for, contraindications of and general management principles for cardiac output testing.
- Discuss the pharmacological management of hemodynamics.