Essentials of Pediatric Critical Care Orientation
Download the EPCCO course data sheet (PDF)
Essentials of Pediatric Critical Care Orientation (EPCCO) is a program designed for pediatric acute and critical care nurses and those who educate them. The program, which provides foundational nursing education on pediatric critical care, imparts valuable knowledge and tools needed to care for the most fragile patients. Whether you are new to pediatrics or simply seeking a refresher, EPCCO meets your pediatric critical care training needs because:
- The content is developed in collaboration with clinical content experts and Pediatric Learning Solutions (a division of Children’s Hospital Association) to advance pediatric critical care nursing education.
- Interactive case scenarios and practice activities enhance knowledge transfer and build confidence.
- Content is divided by body systems and topic areas for quick reference and easy tailoring to specific lesson plans.
- The courseware easily integrates into a blended learning environment.
EPCCO consists of seven modules—totaling 34 courses—providing a broad-spectrum orientation to the care of the pediatric patient.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Evaluate assessment data, and implement a plan of care using evidence-based strategies specific to the critically ill child.
- Demonstrate knowledge of common conditions experienced by acutely ill pediatric patients requiring critical care nursing.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the plan of care for the critically ill pediatric patient.
Pediatric Learning Solutions prepares new or transitioning staff for the complexities of caring for children. A division of Children’s Hospital Association, the program provides evidence-based, engaging online training for onboarding pediatric nurses, respiratory therapists and other clinicians. New hires gain required knowledge more quickly through application-focused case scenarios and just-in-time job aids, improving their confidence, quality of care and time to productivity. Content is reviewed on a regular cycle, ensuring current and relevant evidence guides clinician practice.
Accreditation and Disclosures
Children’s Hospital Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC’s) Commission on Accreditation.
Learners must complete the post test and CE evaluation associated with each lesson to be awarded contact hours.
@@METADESC@@Essentials of Pediatric Critical Care Orientation 3.0@@METADESC@@