General Poster Abstract Criteria
- All poster abstracts must convey relevance to AACN’s mission, vision and values.
- Poster abstract content must support AACN’s priority agenda topics such as research, evidence-based practice, leadership, ethics, public policy and advanced practice.
- All Research, Evidence-Based Solutions and Chapter Best Practice poster abstracts must have been completed with documented outcomes prior to online submission.
- Poster abstracts will not be edited for content.
- Be sure to double-check your poster abstract for typographical or grammatical errors before submitting.
- Please avoid the use of all capital letters when completing the submission form (turn off the Caps Lock feature).
Research Poster Abstract Criteria
Research poster abstracts may focus on any aspect of the continuum of critical care, including but not limited to patient care, nursing practice, nursing management or nursing education. The research may be original or replicated studies.
Prepare Research poster abstracts to include the following key elements:
- Purpose — What was the intent or goal of the study? What did you want to learn? (Limit 500 characters, including spaces)
- Background/Significance — What was the problem and why was it important? What knowledge are you building on? (Limit 500 characters, including spaces)
- Method — What was the design? What was the sample? What instruments were used? How was data collected and analyzed? (Limit 700 characters, including spaces)
- Results — What were the findings? (Limit 700 characters, including spaces)
- Conclusions — What do the findings mean? (Limit 500 characters, including spaces)
Evidence-Based Solutions Poster Abstract Criteria
An Evidence-Based Solutions poster abstract may be the result of an organizational process that, when applied across the continuum of critical care, achieves a desired outcome or meets or exceeds a benchmark for a standard of nursing practice. An Evidence-Based Solutions abstract in acute and critical care nursing can be submitted on a wide variety of processes, strategies and practice innovations.
Prepare Evidence-Based Solutions poster abstracts to include the following key elements:
- Purpose — What was the intent/goal of the project? What problem was addressed by the evidence-based solution? (Limit 500 characters, including spaces)
- Description — What was the evidence-based solution? How was it developed and implemented? Cite the research for the evidence implying how you made a clinical decision based on the best available current research or literature, your own clinical expertise or patient's needs to change a process to improve nursing practice. Do not submit an actual reference/bibliography list. (Limit 1,250 characters, including spaces)
- Evaluation and Outcomes —What were the outcomes of the project? How was success measured? (Limit 700 characters, including spaces)
AACN Chapter Best Practice Poster Abstract Criteria
An AACN Chapter Best Practice abstract may be submitted on a wide variety of strategies and practice innovations used by nurses to solve a difficult, unique or interesting problem(s) related to the management of the AACN chapter (including but not limited to chapter operations) and the key initiatives of nursing education, certification, healthy work environments and the Beacon Award.
The abstract is a short description of your work and should contain all the elements necessary to define your goals and results to the reader. Note the character field limits for each section below.
Make the title brief and clearly indicate the nature of the study/procedure; title is limited to 120 characters, including spaces.
Prepare AACN Chapter Best Practice poster abstracts to include the following key elements:
- Purpose — What was the intent/goal of project? What problem was addressed by the Chapter best practice solution? (Limit 500 characters, including spaces)
- Description — What was the Chapter best practice? How was it developed & implemented? (Limit 1,250 characters, including spaces)
- Evaluation and Outcomes — What were the outcomes of the project? How was success measured? (Limit 700 characters, including spaces)
NTI Registration Fee Discount
- The Primary Author of an accepted poster abstract will receive a $75 discount on NTI registration fees for the main conference only.
- Primary Authors of multiple accepted poster abstracts will be eligible for only one $75 reduction in NTI registration fees for the main conference.
- This cannot be combined with Chapter discounts.
- If the Primary Author is presenting an Educational Session (Sunrise, ExpoEd, Concurrent, Mastery, API) and a poster presentation, the speaker honoraria awarded will replace the $75 discount.
- In this case, the $75 discount may be transferred to one Co-author.
- Expenses associated with the preparation, delivery and presentation of the poster abstract is the responsibility of the Primary Author.
- If accepted, the Primary Author is required to pay all fees associated with the NTI conference, including but not limited to: travel, housing accommodations and registration.