Nominations Now Invited for National Posts
As a member of the AACN community, one of the responsibilities and privileges you have is selecting the next leaders of the organization. You do this when you vote in the AACN election and also when you nominate colleagues for leadership positions.
Currently, AACN is accepting nominations for governance leadership positions on the AACN Board of Directors and the AACN Nominating Committee. The competencies for these positions have been defined in the AACN Framework for Governance Leadership Positions.
We ask that you carefully consider the defined competencies and submit nominations for colleagues who demonstrate the competencies and who you believe would provide strong leadership in moving AACN towards achieving its mission and vision. You may also nominate yourself.
Simply complete the nomination form and submit it by the May 31, 2014, deadline. No nominations will be accepted after the deadline.
Following are the positions for which nominations are being sought. Terms for all positions will begin July 1, 2015. Reimbursement for travel as well as other expenses is provided for all of these national volunteer positions.
AACN Board of Directors
(Four positions open; three-year terms)
- Define and support the vision, mission and values statements for the association.
- Ensure effective organizational planning.
- Effectively manage the association's resources.
- Determine, monitor, evaluate and strengthen the association's programs and services.
- Uphold legal requirements and ethical integrity.
- Assess board performance and ensure board succession.
- Ensure effective communication between AACN and AACN Certification Corporation and other subsidiaries of the association.
AACN Nominating Committee
(Three positions open; one-year terms)
- Ensure the election process is in accordance with established procedures, policies and bylaws.
- Conduct comprehensive interviews of nominees.
- Review, synthesize and analyze nominee applications, references and interview transcripts.
- Through group process, select candidates.
- Communicate the committee's decisions and feedback to the nominees.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please contact the governance department at email@example.com or (800) 394-5995, ext. 331.