AACN Nurse Manager Priorities Conference
Nurse managers and emerging nurse leaders are in a unique position to impact a hospital’s overall success while improving patient care and quality. Leading at the highest level takes exceptional preparation and a commitment to continued learning.
The fourth annual American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) Nurse Manager Priorities Conference at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, Nashville, Sept. 28 through Oct. 1, 2014, offers a dynamic program to help you address the complexities of leading in an ever-changing healthcare environment.
Join the nationally renowned faculty and your colleagues at this unique and timely education opportunity! Register now.
Engage and Network
Engage with facilitators and peers who are actively working in a leadership role in their organizations to learn about innovative tools and strategies, utilizing a case-based approach. AACN Nurse Manager Priorities offers up to 22 continuing nursing education (CNE) contact hours, including a networking event, live sessions and online resources.
Forward-thinking leaders in nursing management will share focused content on a nurse manager’s three critical responsibilities — managing the business, managing people and managing yourself.
The conference includes up to 21 concurrent sessions and seven general sessions offering a flexible program that accommodates individualized learning plans for a wide range of nurse manager roles and experience:
- Assess your skills with the online AACN Nurse Manager Skills Inventory.
- Learn new strategies to improve patient satisfaction to impact healthcare funding and improve your hospital’s financial health.
- Widen your range of communication styles to expand your influence and improve collaboration with team members and fellow leaders.
- Develop new skills to successfully introduce programs or processes to senior managers by managing up.
- Achieve shared outcomes with your team by effectively using meaningful recognition and acknowledgement.
- Share knowledge with your colleagues through opportunities for peer-to-peer learning, networking and support, specifically tailored for the nurse leader.
Hot topics in this year’s program include:
- Empowering Your Staff to Lead Through Engagement
- Building a Model of Collaboration With CNSs and NPs
- Understanding Benchmarking and Productivity Tools
- Creating a Healthy Work Environment for Meaningful Recognition
- Evidence-Based Practice and Patient Safety
- Innovative Initiatives that Matter – CSI and Beacon
- Just Culture: Nurses as Second Victims
Download the conference brochure.