A Community of Exceptional Nurses
CSC Certification Review Course Online
Presentor Myra Ellis
Based on the 2012 test plan, this review course helps candidates for AACN’s CSC (cardiac surgery) subspecialty certification better prepare for the exam.
The CSC certification review will equip you with knowledge about the care and treatment of patients undergoing surgery for coronary artery revascularization, cardiac valve repair/replacement, and thoracic aorta repair. Concepts discussed include hemodynamic monitoring, IABP, essential pacemaker and radiology skills, and medications used in cardiac surgery recovery. The course also reviews preoperative and intra-operative phases of cardiac surgery, and provides an intense overview of the postoperative phase of cardiac surgery, potential complications and interventions.
This course emphasizes research and evidence-based practice, with ample practice questions discussed throughout.
Course offers 12.4 contact hours of CNE credit.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
· Relate hemodynamic monitoring concepts to the anatomical and physiological characteristics of the cardiac and vascular systems after cardiac surgery.
· Describe the medications and essential skills used during and within the first 48 hours after cardiac surgery.
· Discuss preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative phases of cardiac surgery, including potential complications and interventions observed in each phase.
The 8 Sessions are:
· Session 1: Surgical Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease
· Sessions 2: Medications and Hemodynamic Essentials
· Session 3: Post-operative Care of Cardiac Surgery Patients, Part I
· Session 4: Post-operative Care of Cardiac Surgery Patients, Part II
· Session 5: Heart Failure and Valvular Heart Disease
· Session 6: Congenital and non-congenital Heart Defect Repairs, Surgery of the Thoracic Aorta, Ventricular Assist Devices
· Session 7: Cardiac Complication of Cardiac Surgery
· Session 8: Non-cardiac Complications of Cardiac Surgery
Learn more about what we have to offer based on your role in the industry.