ACCNS-P Renewal Options and Eligibility Requirements
Eligibility Requirements for Renewal
- Current unencumbered licensure as an RN or APRN in the United States is required.
- The name and address of your clinical director or a professional associate (RN or physician) who can verify that you have met the clinical hour requirements must be given.
- Complete one of the following renewal options:
- Option 1 — 1,000 Practice Hours and 150 CE Points
- Option 2 — 1,000 Practice Hours and Exam
- Option 3 — 150 CE Points and Exam
The CE Points program includes programs granting contact hours or CEs, as well as optional activities, such as publications, presentations, preceptorship and volunteer activities.
Those renewing by CE Points must complete 150 CE Points, 25 of which must be in Pharmacology.
The Practice Hour requirement includes active involvement in the care of pediatric patients within the U.S. in all roles of the clinical nurse specialist within the spectrum of wellness through acute care for a minimum of 1,000 hours during the most recent certification period.
Clinical nurse specialists should contact AACN Certification Corporation regarding eligible practice hours in Canada.
For complete information about the ACCNS-P renewal program, please refer to the ACCNS-P Renewal Handbook.
AACN Certification Corporation may adopt additional eligibility requirements at its sole discretion. Any such requirements will be designed to establish, for the purposes of ACCNS-P certification, the adequacy of a candidate's knowledge and experience in caring for pediatric patients as a CNS.