- Current unencumbered licensure as an RN or APRN in the United States is required.
- The name and address of your clinical director or a professional associate (RN or physician) who can verify that you have met the practice hour requirements must be given.
- Complete one of the following renewal options:
- Option 1 — Practice Hours and CE Points
- Option 2 — Practice Hours and Renewal Exam
- Option 3 — CE Points and Renewal Exam
The CE Points program includes programs granting contact hours or CEs, as well as optional activities, such as publications, presentations, preceptorship and volunteer activities.
The Practice Hour requirement includes active involvement in the direct care of acutely ill adult patients within the U.S. in the role of the acute care nurse practitioner for a minimum number of hours during the most recent certification period. Nurse practitioners should contact AACN Certification Corporation regarding eligible practice hours in Canada.
For complete information about the ACNPC renewal program, please refer to the ACNPC Renewal Handbook.
AACN Certification Corporation may adopt additional eligibility requirements at its sole discretion. Any such requirements will be designed to establish, for the purposes of ACNPC certification, the adequacy of a candidate's knowledge and experience in caring for acutely ill adult patients.
View the ACNPC Renewal Policy.