NTI Chapter Information
Chapter Leadership Development Workshop
Sunday, May 18, 2014, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Denver Hotel at Colorado Convention Center – Centennial Ballroom
The annual Chapter Leadership Development Workshop (LDW) focuses on critical skills that seasoned and novice chapter leaders need to successfully manage and lead a chapter in fulfilling AACN’s mission. The Chapter Advisory Team has planned a super-fantastic workshop for chapters, focusing on communication accountability and planning.
Skilled communication is one of the six Healthy Work Environment Standards. Beth Wolfson of VitalSmarts will be the keynote speaker and will teach us about crucial accountability.
Mark your calendars to attend. LDW is open to all chapter members, officers, leaders and potential future leaders. There is no limit to the number of chapter members who may attend for $85 each.
Each AACN chapter that attends LDW will receive a one-time $435 grant to help defray the cost, and we highly recommend that each chapter’s president-elect attend.
You can register for LDW, when you register for NTI.
NTI 2014 Host Chapters
Saturday, May 17 – Thursday, May 22, 2014
Colorado Convention Center – Resource Center
The Denver and Southern Colorado Chapters welcome you to the Annual National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition (NTI). Our boards of directors and members are sure that you will enjoy your stay in Denver.
We hope you will take some time to explore the city. After spending a day full of educational sessions, there's so much to experience at night. Learn more about our great city.
Be sure to stop by the Host Chapter Booth to say hello and pick up your NTI ribbons. If this is your first time to NTI, you’ll want to begin participating in the popular tradition of collecting ribbons that recognize and display your accomplishments — such as chapter member or officer, certifications, years of AACN membership, plus many others!
We will also be available to answer any questions you may have about our beautiful city. There is so much to enjoy at this year’s meeting. If there is anything we can do to help, please ask. Above all, enjoy your stay!
AACN Local Engagement for Educational & Networking Opportunities
Monday, May 19 – Thursday, May 22
We encourage all members to attend these sessions on AACN local engagement for educational and networking opportunities:
||Chapter Best Practices Roundtable
||Megan Brunson, RN, BSN, CCRN-CSC
||Engaging & Mentoring Chapter Members to Step Forward as Leaders
||Nancy Freeland, RN, MS, CCRN
||Making the Connection: Creative Communication Alternatives to Engage the AACN Community
||Kimberly Curtin, RN, MS, ACNS-BC, CCRN, CEN, CNL
Megan Brunson, RN, BSN, CCRN-CSC
NTI Chapter Rebate
AACN is offering a $75 rebate to each AACN chapter member who registers to attend NTI in Denver, May 17–May 22, 2014. Things you should know about the NTI chapter rebate:
- The $75 rebate on the NTI registration fee is available to any chapter member.
- To apply for the rebate, complete the rebate form and attach proof of your chapter membership.
- Submit your rebate application any time after you receive confirmation that your NTI registration has been processed.
- You do not need to wait until after NTI.
- In fact, by submitting early it is possible that you will receive your rebate before NTI.
- You will receive your rebate in the same form in which you paid for the conference:
- If you paid by credit card, the rebate will be credited to your card.
- If you paid by check, you will receive a rebate check.
- If your employer paid your registration with a company check, the rebate check will be sent to your employer.
- Your rebate will be processed as soon as possible.
- Due to the high volume of NTI registrations that typically arrive during this time, it may take up to 12 weeks to receive your rebate.
- All rebates must be postmarked by June 15, 2014.
- This allows AACN to process all rebates in a timely manner so it can close out the fiscal year on June 30.