AACN Nurse Manager Priorities Conference
Nurse leaders are in a unique position to impact a hospital’s overall success while improving patient care and quality. Leading at the highest level takes exceptional preparation and a commitment to continued learning.
The third annual American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) Nurse Manager Priorities offers a dynamic program to help you address the complexities of leading in an ever-changing healthcare environment.
Forward-thinking leaders in nursing management will share focused content on a nurse manager’s three critical responsibilities—managing the business, managing people and managing yourself.
The conference includes 18 concurrent sessions and a flexible program that accommodates individualized learning plans for a wide range of nurse manager roles and experience:
- Assess your skills with the online AACN Nurse Manager Skills Inventory.
- Learn new strategies to improve patient satisfaction to impact healthcare funding and improve your hospital’s financial health.
- Widen your range of communication styles to expand your influence and improve collaboration with team members and fellow leaders.
- Develop new skills to successfully introduce programs or processes to senior managers by managing up.
- Achieve shared outcomes with your team by effectively using meaningful recognition and acknowledgement.
- Share knowledge with your colleagues through opportunities for peer-to-peer learning, networking and support, specifically tailored for the nurse leader.
Hot topics in this year’s program include:
- Empowering Your Staff to Lead
- Using the Influencer Model to Solve Profound, Persistent, Resistant Problems
- Using Clinical Data
- Budgeting Skills for Nurse Managers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Patient Safety