AACN Progressive Care Pathways Conference
Progressive Care: The Continuum of High Acuity and Critical Care
Progressive care nurses work in extremely challenging and ever-changing environments. Whether handling rapid response calls, recent ICU transfers or postsurgical patients with more complicated conditions, patients treated in progressive care units may not be in the ICU, but have complex needs requiring highly-skilled nursing care.
Education From the Experts
AACN’s Progressive Care Pathways, Sept. 28 through Oct. 1, 2014, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, offers a program addressing your unique educational and professional development goals. Based on feedback from the progressive care nursing community, we’ve developed a conference that suits your specialized needs.
Why cobble together a continuing education program throughout the year, when Progressive Care Pathways offers everything you need, all in one place? We hope to see you in Nashville! Register now.
The program offers:
- Up to 22 continuing nursing education (CNE) hours focused on the needs of progressive care nurses including a networking event, live sessions and online resources.
- Progressive care experts who understand firsthand the challenges of caring for patients who require high-intensity nursing care and a high level of surveillance.
- Evidence-based content designed to address a wide range of progressive care patients’ needs and provide direct clinical application of the evidence.
- A learning experience designed by progressive care nurses, which includes content on innovative and exciting evidence-based strategies.
- Opportunities to network with experts and your progressive care peers.
Hot topics include:
- Management of Bedside Cardiac Monitoring: Best Practices for Best Outcomes
- Poison Control in Progressive Care: Safe Use of Rhythm Control Drugs
- Pain Assessment and Management of the Nonverbal Patient
- Dementia Vs. Delirium: How Do We Know If Either Exists
- Social Media and Its Impact on Nursing Care
- Update on Sepsis and How It Applies to Progressive Care Patients
- Heart Failure
Download a conference brochure.