- Internet Explorer 7, 8 (recommended) or 9.
- Chrome 19.
- Firefox 3x, 4 or 9+.
- Mac Users: Firefox is required.
- Set privacy settings to medium or medium-high.
- Set pop-up blocker to accept pop-ups in domains specified below (under Internet access).
- Accept third-party cookies and allow session cookies.
- Enable HTTP version 1.1 in the browser settings.
||300Mhz or higher
56K modem or faster (high speed access for best results).
- TCP Port 80 - HTTP 1.1
- TCP Port 443 - SSL
- For Learners: 1024 x 768 or higher recommended (800 x 600 minimum).
- For Site Managers: 1024 x 768 or higher required.
|Sound card and speakers:
- Macromedia Flash Player 6 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader 5 or higher
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher
|Firewall/proxy/cache server settings:
If a proxy server is used, HTTP 1.1 must be enabled on the proxy server, and the client browser be configured to use HTTP 1.1 through the proxy connection. Other network devices must also support version 1.1 of HTTP.
Your network administrator will need to ensure clients' hosts can access domains listed above. Flash uses standard Web packets.
In some proxy configurations, URL caching should be disabled or bypassed for the "rivaetest.com" domain. This configuration change is not required unless problems occur when using cached URLs.
To receive LearnCenter emails, all users must add the following email addresses to their safe sender list:
Additional Internet access
pharmacology, preceptor and palliative care courses:
There is an additional requirement for three of the E-Learning courses:
- The Preceptor Challenge
- Promoting Excellence in Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- AACN: Acute and Critical Care Pharmacology
These courses require high-bandwidth capacity Internet connectivity. They are not supported for use with a dial-up Internet connection. This additional requirement only applies to these three courses.