Essentials of Critical Care Orientation
Download the ECCO course data sheet (PDF)
Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) 2.0 is a critical care course created, tested, validated and regularly updated by content experts to reflect current nursing knowledge and practice. This course is useful to any staff or bedside nurse working with acute or critically ill patients. It should be an integral part of every healthcare organization’s new critical care nurses orientation because ECCO 2.0:
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to critical care nursing using a body systems approach getting nurses quickly up to speed on critical care of patients.
- Helps educators incorporate critical thinking, hands on clinical training and blended learning into their orientation programs.
- Uses modular design, accessible in any order, to allow educators freedom to tailor information to specific lesson plans or needs.
- Offers robust management tools to enable nurse managers and educators to track users’ progress through every module and review a variety of reports.
More than 700 hospitals in the United States and Canada have already made ECCO an integral part of their critical care training, and we hope you’ll be next. Thank you for your interest in our E-Learning courses. Please note this course is not available for individual purchase.
Watch Our In-Depth Preview
Preview the Essentials of Critical Care Orientation and understand how it will integrate with your orientation strategy and improve patient care.
ECCO is comprised of 10 critical care training modules; each containing multiple lessons that provide in-depth, interactive content with rich graphics and illustrations that keep learners engaged. Each module addresses the anatomy and physiology of a distinct body system, relevant diagnostic information and the clinical presentation and management of common disorders for each of the body systems.
View full Table of Contents
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify and implement evidence-based care strategies to prevent hospital-associated infections and complications.
- Evaluate assessment data and develop a plan of care for patients with critical illness.
- Understand basic hemodynamic monitoring concepts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of common conditions experienced by acutely ill patients requiring critical care nursing.
- Develop a treatment plan for patients experiencing critical illness.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment plan for patients experiencing critical illness.