Essentials of Pediatric Critical Care Orientation
Download the EPCCO course data sheet (PDF)
Essentials of Pediatric Critical Care Orientation (EPCCO) is a course designed for pediatric acute and critical care nurses and those who educate them. The course, which provides foundational nursing education on pediatric critical care, imparts valuable knowledge and tools needed to care for the most fragile patients. Whether you are new to pediatrics or simply seeking a refresher, EPCCO meets your pediatric critical care training needs because:
- Interactive case scenarios and practice activities enhance knowledge transfer and build confidence.
- Content is divided by body systems for quick reference and easy tailoring to specific lesson plans.
- It easily integrates into a blended learning environment.
Essentials of Pediatric Critical Care Orientation 3.0 consists of seven modules, covering a broad-spectrum orientation to the care of the pediatric patient.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify and implement evidence-based care strategies to prevent healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and complications.
- Evaluate assessment data and develop a plan of care for the child with critical illness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of common conditions experienced by acutely ill pediatric patients requiring critical care nursing.
- Develop a treatment plan for pediatric patients experiencing critical illness.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment plan for pediatric patients experiencing critical illness.
Children's Hospital Association advances child health through innovation in the quality, cost and delivery of care. Representing more than 220 children’s hospitals nationwide, the association brings together the strength and resources of three organizations: Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA), National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions (NACHRI) and National Association of Children’s Hospitals (N.A.C.H.). The association champions public policies that enable hospitals to better serve children and is the premier resource for pediatric data and analytics.
Accreditation and Disclosures
CHEX™ Knowledge Exchange is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Learners must complete the posttest and CNE evaluation associated with each lesson to be awarded contact hours.
Faculty Disclosures/Conflict of Interest Statement
In accordance with ANCC requirements, CHEX has a conflict of interest policy that requires faculty to disclose relevant financial relationships related to the content of their presentations/materials. Any potential conflicts are resolved to that presentations are evidence-based and scientifically balanced. The planning committee members and all authors have declared no conflict of interest.
Non-Endorsement of Products Statement
Approval of the continuing education activity does not imply endorsement by CHEX, Children’s Hospital Association or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
@@METADESC@@Essentials of Pediatric Critical Care Orientation 3.0@@METADESC@@