Chapter Awards Information
AACN chapters that have made a difference in the healthcare profession and their communities are chosen each year to receive AACN Circle of Excellence recognition awards. This awards program recognizes contributions and achievements that exemplify AACN’s mission, vision, values and ethic of care, and applauds excellence.
- Open to active AACN chapters in good standing with officers who hold current AACN membership.
- All nominators for chapter awards must hold current AACN membership.
- For more information on chapters in good standing visit www.aacn.org/chapters.
- Chapter award nominees may not have received an award in the same category within the last three years.
- For example, if your chapter received an award in 2013, you are eligible to receive an award in the same category in 2017.
The following materials are required for a complete nomination and must be submitted at the same time.
- A nomination form will be available here in May.
- Exemplar demonstrating how the chapter embodies the award criteria. Time Frame for activities is July 1 through date of submission plus what is planned for remainder of the year (through June 30).
- Address all areas of the award criteria.
- Submit exemplar in MS Word format, minimum font size 10 points, no longer than 800 words.
- Include your chapter name and award category at the top of each page.
- Complete packet of materials must be submitted by November 1, 2016 (or by February 15, 2017, for President’s Award nominations).
- Complete packet should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your chapter name in the subject line.
Up to three chapters in each category will receive an honorarium of $1,000 each.
The Fine Print
- Awards are conferred at the sole discretion of AACN. AACN reserves the right to substitute awards.
- Award recipients waive all possible legal claims against AACN arising from the selection of award recipients and the use or receipt of the award.
- Applications and supporting materials become the property of AACN.
- Members of AACN and AACN Certification Corporation boards of directors, national office staff, the review panel and employees or members of sponsoring organizations may neither nominate someone nor receive the award.
Nomination process opens
November 1 (February 15 for President’s Award)
Entry forms, instructions and restrictions are posted at www.aacn.org/awards.
Eligible nominations are reviewed by an AACN volunteer selection committee.
Applicants and recipients will be notified by February 15 (March 31 for President’s Award).
Awards are presented at the annual AACN National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition.
American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656