Circle of Excellence: Palm Beach County Chapter
President’s Award for Chapters
Each member of the stroke team worked boldly, interweaving their expertise until Mary Stahl’s father’s physical, emotional and mental status became whole again. A multidisciplinary team working as one epitomizes the concept and challenges us to put this year’s theme "Together. Stronger. Bolder." into action.
Palm Beach County Chapter of AACN, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., developed a strategic plan, formulated a timeline and created a theme-oriented poster to support our goals and accomplishments:
- Theme logo in all communications.
- Bringing together experts in healthy work environments, members learned bolder skills and became stronger in the standards.
- HWE concepts were interwoven in meetings and the certification recognition luncheon.
- A Moral Distress presentation stimulated solutions.
Certification and NTI Promotion Committee:
- Conducted a CCRN review, "CCRN Battle of the Wits," to affirm knowledge and understanding.
- Provided awards for the NTI Essay Contest depicting the theme in practice.
We promoted evidence-based nursing practice by collaborating with academia to develop workshops, by awarding scholarship merit points for serving in the chapter and by collaborating with nursing leaders to seek Beacon and Magnet recognition.