You Could Be NTI 2013's Guest Emcee
Are you a natural performer and love to ham it up in front of a crowd? Do friends rely on you to liven up the party? You might be the perfect guest emcee for the 2013 National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition (NTI), May 18-23 in Boston. For three years running, real nurses like you have shared emcee duties, entertaining and inspiring fellow attendees from the NTI SuperSession stage. It's easy to apply: Mail a two- to-three-minute video telling us in your own unique way why you should be this year's NTI guest emcee. You'll need to be a high-energy AACN member or certificant with a strong voice, engaging personality, sense of humor and, of course, the willingness and availability to do it. Availability means attending the entire NTI, including all SuperSessions and rehearsals. The guest emcee receives complimentary registration, airfare to Boston and lodging during NTI. Entries must be postmarked by Dec. 31, 2012. The winner will be notifed by Jan. 31, 2013.
To Enter the NTI 2013 Guest Emcee Contest
- Only one entry per person. The video, no longer than three minutes, must be the only recording on the tape or disk. We cannot return your entry
- Obtain permissions and keep them on file. The video you submit represents implied consent for its unlimited use by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. You'll need permission from everyone who appears in the video and authorization to shoot in certain locations (such as your hospital). Use of copyrighted music requires a proper license.
- Submit the video on digital tape (DVCAM or MiniDV) or as a digital file on a standare-size data DVD or CD. Please send an editable video, not an encoded DVD. (Encoded DVDs are the ones used in DVD players.)
- Quicktime format (.mov / .mp2 / .mp4) in standard or high definition is preferred. AVI files (.avi) are also acceptable.
- AACN may show the winning video and/or a compliation of entries during SuperSessions. To look best on a large screen, your entry should be full-screen and the highest quality possible.
- Send your entry via postal mail. This is a new requirement. We cannot accept links to entries uploaded to a hosting site such as YouTube, Facebook or similar online sites.
- Label tape or disk itself (not just the case) with your full name, credentials, job title, organization, city, state, zip, email address and phone number.
- Mail your video to:
Video Contest: I'd Make a Great NTI Guest Emcee
AACN National Office
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- We're happy to answer your technical questions about how to shoot and format your video entry. Please call or email Mark Howard at the AACN National Office at (949) 268-7578 or Mark.Howard@aacn.org.