Survive and Thrive at NTI
Whether you’re a first-time attendee or a seasoned NTI veteran, these tips can help you survive and thrive at NTI 2016.
- “Navigating NTI 101” will be offered Sunday, 4-5:15 p.m. in MCCNO, La Nouvelle Ballroom B and La Nouvelle Ballroom C and Monday, 8-9:15 a.m. in the same rooms.
- Tours of the convention center will be offered Sunday, beginning at 11 a.m. every 30 minutes. Meet in the Resource Center, Hall B1, to join members of the NTI and API program planning committees for a tour.
- Familiarizing yourself with the convention center layout and key locations will make it that much easier to get around quickly once the conference begins.
- Members of the NTI and API program planning committees are waiting to assist you at stations conveniently located next to NTI Information in the Welcome Center in The Great Hall Lobby and in La Nouvelle Orleans Ballroom Lobby. NTI Assist locations are indicated on the Participant Map in your attendee bag.
- Digital signs outside each session room indicate the current session, upcoming sessions in the room that day, and if the session will be repeated or recorded and available online after the conference.
- Buy a pair or two of comfy shoes.
- Don’t forget to break them in before the conference.
- Meeting room temperatures often fluctuate, so dress in layers and bring a lightweight jacket or sweater to the convention center.
- It’s not easy to grab a snack when you’re rushing from one NTI activity to the next.
- Bring along nutritious snacks such as fruit, granola or nuts and a bottle of water in case you need a boost during the day.
- Visit the Host Chapter Booth for information about things to do around New Orleans, and while you are there select from more than 80 complimentary ribbons in a rainbow of colors to show your accomplishments to others.
- Conference news, alerts and late-breaking session updates and schedule changes are available real-time on NTI Network
On-site and Mobile Resources
- Planning your schedule, accessing NTI 2016 resources and navigating the conference are a touch away on any smartphone or tablet from the NTI homepage. Search for sessions by title, track and day. Then complete your session evaluations in real time on your smartphone or tablet after each session.
- Complimentary Internet access is available in public spaces throughout the convention center, including the Resource Center and session rooms. Wi-Fi access is not available in the exhibit halls. The Wi-Fi network should open as AACNNTI. Instructions for accessing Wi-Fi are on the bookmark in your attendee bag.
- Get your CE contact hours by completing your session and program evaluations by June 10, 2016, from home or from any computer with an Internet connection. Your certificate can be printed through the AACN website for four years after the conference.
- AACN’s knowledgeable staff at the registration desk in the Resource Center can answer all of your registration questions or help you sign up for ticketed events that may still have availability, such as the Certification Celebration.
- Inside your attendee bag you will receive a Participant Map, which includes a Food Locater that identifies food locations and their hours at the Convention Center.
- Located in the New Orleans Central Business District, the Convention Center area of the city is in a prime location between the beautiful Garden District, the French Quarter and within walking distance of the New Orleans Arts & Warehouse District. The Convention Center area is just blocks away from many famous New Orleans restaurants from fast food to trendy upscale restaurants.
- The official NTI 2016 T-shirt (white or black) can be purchased for $20 each in the bookstore.
- Most bookstore products can be ordered and shipped for free via the in-store computer stations, and you don’t pay sales tax unless you are a California resident.
Navigating the Critical Care Exposition
- The Critical Care Exposition is big.
- Exhibits alone cover an area more than 300,000 square feet.
- It’s best not to try to do it all in one day.
- The exhibit hall is open 14 hours over three days, with 10 hours being dedicated exhibit time.
- Include ExpoEd — education on the exhibit floor — in your NTI education plan.
- Most sessions offer .5 CERPs each with speakers and topics listed in the Program and ExpoGuide.
- Consider hot topics from your workplace.
- Use the category listings and exhibitor guide in the Program and ExpoGuide to find relevant products, services and other resources.
- Even if you’re not job hunting, compare job opportunities and benefits.
- It’s a great way to benchmark and bring best practices back to your workplace.
- Exhibitors want to interact with you, hear your questions, suggestions and concerns about their products and services.
- Pace yourself and include food and rest breaks — maybe even a seated massage!
- In the event of an emergency or serious health issue, the two closest hospitals to the convention center are:
- Tulane Medical Center: 1415 Tulane Ave.; 504-988-5263
- LSU Medical Center: 2020 Gravier St.; 504-568-4808
- Pharmacies located in close proximity to the Convention Center include:
- CVS Full Service Pharmacy: 504-528-7099; 800 Canal Street; open until 10 p.m.
- Walgreens: 504-525-2180; 134 Royal Street.; open until 10 p.m.
return to top