2015 Sunrise Sessions
The National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition (NTI) will be held Sunday, May 17, to Thursday, May 21, 2015, in San Diego. AACN is seeking corporate sponsors for our popular Sunrise Sessions.
These sessions provide a fantastic opportunity for corporate supporters to introduce their organizations to conference attendees while assisting AACN in meeting the diverse educational needs of critical care nurses.
We hope you choose to participate with us, but please act quickly.
In order to qualify for a $2,000 reduction in the session fee we need to receive your application by November 14, 2014.
This guide is designed to answer questions you might have about the sessions. If it does not address all of your questions, please email us at email@example.com.
What are Sunrise Sessions?
- Sunrise Sessions are morning educational sessions held during the annual NTI conference. The 2015 sessions will occur from 7:00 to 8:30 a.m. on:
- Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- The sessions adhere to AACN’s highest quality standards. They contain educational concepts addressing the application of specific products and services, and include:
- A lecture presentation
- A brief “question-and-answer” period
Do Sunrise Sessions offer credits for continuing education?
- AACN offers Continuing Education Recognition Points (CERPs) for Sunrise Sessions.
- Our CERP program provides greater flexibility to award continuing education for a wide range of educational offerings, such as product-related education, hands-on demonstrations and technology focused in-services.
- The CERP program also allows promotional exposure for our sponsors, as company and/or product branding is permitted on presentation slides and other materials.
- Please note a CERP is not the equivalent of a CNE or CME contact hour.
- CERPs are an AACN designation for nurses to fulfill continuing education requirements to maintain AACN certifications.
- CERPs may also meet the continuing education requirements of other organizations or state boards of nursing.
- Sessions should be equal to or greater than 75 percent educational content and may not focus solely on healthcare products or medical devices.
- One CERP equals 60 minutes of continuing education (30 minutes = 0.5 CERP).
- Presenter should be in the healthcare profession (physician, nurse, respiratory therapist).
return to top
How do corporate supporters benefit by sponsoring a Sunrise Session?
- Sunrise Sessions provide a great opportunity for companies to introduce themselves to AACN's members and NTI attendees.
- The sessions are very popular and fill up quickly.
- The sessions are promoted via our website, email, Facebook, Twitter and NTI printed materials.
- Logos of corporate supporters who sponsor Sunrise Sessions are prominently displayed.
- AACN makes participation easy. We:
- Provide and assign meeting space.
- Coordinate set-up and meals for the sessions.
- Select food and beverage.
- Handle session registration and provide registration lists of preregistered reservation holders to corporate supporters.
- Corporate supporters can reserve up to 25 of the total number of session tickets for employees or invitees.
What are the deadlines, fees and procedures for sponsoring a session?
- The early application deadline for the 2015 conference is Friday, November 14, 2014.
- Corporate supporters will want to take advantage of this early deadline because approved applications received by this date pay a reduced fee.
- Once a topic is approved by AACN, a signed agreement is required before the session will be advertised.
- Fees are calculated according to the number of session attendees and when the application is received, based on the following fee structure:
|No. of Participants Supported
||Received by Nov. 14, 2014
||Received After Nov. 14, 2014
|1 - 500
|501 - 1,000
- Invoice payment is due in full within 35 days of receipt of invoice.
- To apply, simply send your completed application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept incomplete applications.
- We will notify you of approval within five days of submission
- Once an application is approved by AACN, agreement must be signed.
return to top
What do corporate supporters provide for the session?
- Sunrise Session fee that includes AACN coordination and breakfast fees.
- Speaker honorarium and compensation for all expenses related to travel, lodging and meals, paid directly to the speaker.
- Audiovisual equipment for the meeting rooms (contracted directly with the convention center or hotel).
- Approved session signage and handouts.
What are the requirements for session materials prepared by corporate supporters?
- Corporate supporters are responsible for producing session materials that conform to AACN educational standards.
- AACN will review all session materials, and corporate supporters are responsible for making changes to AACN’s satisfaction prior to the session.
- Final hard copy of session handouts must be presented to AACN staff on site at NTI.
- All materials should include:
- The AACN/NTI logo.
- Sunrise Session title, class code, session location and name of the session facilitator(s).
- The number of CERPs being awarded, e.g., 1.0 CERP, Category A).
- Corporate supporters may include a small logo on select session materials.
- Standards for logo usage and samples of official wording will be provided by AACN after the application has been approved.
We hope this guide has been helpful in answering your questions about the 2015 Sunrise Sessions. If you still have questions, please contact Susan Flynn at (800) 394-5995, ext. 511, or email email@example.com.
We look forward to you participating with AACN at our 2015 National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition in San Diego!
return to top