Implementing the ABCDE Bundle at the Bedside
This tool kit provides validated, evidence-based clinical knowledge, resources and guidelines for implementing the ABCDE Bundle to prevent the unintended consequences of critical illness such as delirium, prolonged ventilation and excessive muscular deterioration — a timely clinical topic applicable to any critical care, progressive care or step-down unit.
Materials may be downloaded individually, or choose “Download All” to obtain all resources at once.
ABCDE Bundle Materials
Change Implementation Tools
Special thanks to Brenda Pun, RN, MSN, ACNP, program clinical manager at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, for her tremendous contribution to development of AACN’s “Implementing the ABCDE Bundle at the Bedside” Clinical Tool Kit.
We also wish to acknowledge and thank the following contributors:
- Chandra Alexander, RN, CCRN
- Mary Pat Aust, RN, MS
- Michelle Balas, RN, PhD, ARNP-NP, CCRN
- Linda Bell, RN, MSN
- Leanne Boehm, RN, MSN, ACNS-BC
- Heather Martin, RN, CCRN, CEN, CFRN, FCCS
- Michelle Murphy, RN, MSN, CCRN, CCNS
- Anne Pohlman, RN, MSN, APRN, CCRN, FCCM
- Dena Putnam, RN, MBA
- Cayce Strength, RN, BSN, BHS
* Vanderbilt University materials require permission before including them in any documents submitted for publication. Permission may be obtained from: firstname.lastname@example.org.