AACN-Philips Healthcare Clinical Outcomes Grant
Cosponsored by Philips Healthcare and AACN, these grants support experienced nurses in conducting clearly articulated research studies. The research must be relevant to clinical nursing practice in high acuity or critical care.
Proposals submitted by an interdisciplinary team or an experienced researcher mentoring a novice will also be considered. Funds may be used for original research or replication of existing research.
We expect and hope that the knowledge gained from this project will be shared. Upon completion of your research study or project, AACN encourages you to submit your work for publication and/or presentation.
Up to three awards of $10,000 each are available annually.
Areas of Inquiry
Qualified proposals should seek to achieve improved outcomes and/or system efficiencies in care of high acuity or critically ill individuals of any age. Especially desirable are proposals for hospital-based inquiry that focus on any of the following:
- Intervention strategies addressing technology integration into patient care
- Use of computerized medical record systems in assessing patient outcomes and managing care
- Improving specific patient care outcomes (e.g., clinical, safety, financial)
- Use of simulation in clinical education of nurses
- One or more of the National Patient Safety Goals issued by the Joint Commission
Specific Requirements for These Grants
- Principal investigators must be AACN members.
- Investigators will be expected to present completed studies at the National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition®. The PI will receive complimentary NTI registration and an honorarium to support expenses and two nights lodging.
Additional Information on Grant Submission