AACN's Research Priority Areas
These current priorities reflect areas of interest and relevance to AACN and its members and provide a framework for identifying potential gaps in the development or use of nursing knowledge.
These have been summarized into five broad priority areas to guide future research activities and initiatives.
- Effective and appropriate use of technology to achieve optimal patient assessment, management and/or outcomes
- Creation of healing, humane environment
- Processes and systems that foster the optimal contribution of critical care nurses
- Effective approaches to symptom management
- Prevention and management of complications
Read Key Issues and Recommendations on Critical Care Research by the Multisociety Task Force of the Critical Care Societies Collaborative — AACN, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society and Society of Critical Care Medicine — in the American Journal of Critical Care (AJCC):