Send new entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honor or remember your colleagues with a gift to AACN at www.aacn.org/gifts.
- Deborah Chyun, award
- Martha A.Q. Curley, award
- Joyce Fitzpatrick, award
- Margaret Grey, award
- Norma Metheny, award
- Julie Miller, publication
- Nilda Peragallo Montano, award
- Robin Newhouse, award
- Therese Richmond, award
- Cathy Rick, new position
Julie Miller, staff development educator in critical care, Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics, Tyler, Texas, is the author of “Surviving Sepsis: A Review of the Latest Guidelines,” Nursing, April 2014.
|Therese Richmond, Andrea B. Laporte Endowed Professor of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, and past AACN board member, receives the 2014 Eastern Nursing Research Society’s Distinguished Contributions to Nursing Research Award. In 2008, she received an AACN-GE Healthcare Pioneering Spirit Award.
Cathy Rick, most recently chief nursing officer/senior nurse executive with the Department of Veterans Affairs, is named senior adviser for nursing leadership at the Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence, New York
The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, Indianapolis, inducts the following women into its 2014 International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame:
- Deborah Chyun, executive associate dean and professor, NYU College of Nursing
- Martha A.Q. Curley, Ellen and Robert Kapito Professor in Nursing Science, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, and AACN’s 2012 Distinguished Research Lecturer
- Joyce Fitzpatrick, Elizabeth Brooks Ford Professor of Nursing, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
- Margaret Grey, dean and Annie Goodrich Professor, Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut
- Norma Metheny, Dorothy A. Votsmier Endowed Chair in Nursing, professor and associate dean of research, Saint Louis University School of Nursing, an AACN member since 1981 and recipient of a 2014 Impact Research Grant, a 2012 AACN-GE Healthcare Pioneering Spirit Award and the 2006 Distinguished Research Lectureship
- Nilda Peragallo Montano, dean and professor, University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Robin Newhouse, professor and chair, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore