June 2014 Ambassador Update: Have You Recommitted?
As we head into the summer season, I wish you moments of great relaxation with your favorite warm weather pastimes. Recognizing this is traditionally a time to slow down and unwind a bit, we’ve packaged a few important AACN reminders in this Update so you have the facts you need at your fingertips for quick, easy action.
One of the most important things we want to remind you to do is recommit to your ambassador role. Please read on for details on that.
As always, thank you for everything you do, and happy summer 2014.
Time to Recommit
By now, you have received a request via e mail to recommit for the July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2016 term of service. If you have not done so yet, please complete the recommit form and return it by the June 27 deadline.
Every two years, we ask our ambassadors to recommit to this volunteer position so we can stay attuned to your interests and availability. If we do not receive your recommit form by June 27, we will assume you cannot continue in this role and will remove your name from this roster. However, you can always contact us at email@example.com to be reinstated in the future.
Ambassador Program Evaluation
Because we value our ambassadors’ significant contributions, we launched a re-evaluation of the ambassador program this year. As our earlier communications noted, our goal is to better understand how you view your ambassador role and then assure we are supporting you in a manner that makes this a fulfilling experience.
Our initial analysis is complete. What did we find?
Several broad areas for improvement stood out:
- Enhancing networking opportunities for ambassadors so you can share knowledge, ideas and camaraderie;
- Refining ambassador resources to better fit your needs;
- Examining communication channels to identify the mode you would find most convenient and effective in today’s fast-paced, information-heavy health care environment.
Now the work begins to build specific action plans this coming year to address these opportunities to enhance your ambassador experience. Please expect us to reach out to you again for your invaluable input as we move forward.
Upcoming Educational Opportunities
- Integrating Functional Hemodynamics at the Point of Care, July 10. Presented by Elizabeth Bridges, this webinar will explore the use of functional hemodynamic parameters to evaluate fluid status in critical care patients. The free, 30-minute presentation is part of the AACN Critical Care Webinar Series.
- AACN Progressive Care Pathways, Sept. 28-Oct. 1, Nashville. This conference, designed for nurses working in progressive care areas that receive patients directly from ICUs who require high-intensity nursing care and a high level of surveillance, offers you a chance to interact with your peers, hear from progressive care experts and learn about innovative and exciting evidence-based strategies.
- Nurse Manager Priorities, Sept. 28-Oct. 1, Nashville. At this conference, learn innovative leadership tools and strategies when you engage with facilitators and peers in leadership roles. Hot topics include benchmarking and productivity, managing a healthy work environment, the art of recruiting and creating a culture of accountability.
- AACN Bedside app. Download the new AACN Bedside app for quick point-of-care reference to AACN essential clinical resources. Available from iTunes or Google Play Store, AACN Bedside connects you — via smartphone or table — to two popular reference tools: AACN Practice Alerts and AACN Pocket References.
- AACN CSI Academy Innovation Database. The AACN CSI Academy Innovation Database is a free and growing online compilation of actual nurse-driven patient care initiatives that measurably improved patient outcomes and saved hospitals up to millions of dollars.
Planned and executed by teams of staff nurses as part of the AACN CSI Academy nursing leadership and innovation training program, the projects offer practice-based solutions to common — and costly — clinical challenges such as pressure ulcers, delirium, falls, ventilator complications and healthcare-associated infections.
Circle of Excellence nominations due Aug. 1. Friday, Aug. 1 is the deadline to nominate your peers and colleagues for the 2015 AACN Circle of Excellence awards, which recognize acute and critical care nurses who make a difference in the lives of patients and families. Up to 25 recipients will be selected by Dec. 31 and inducted into the Circle of Excellence Society.