Chapter Leadership Development Workshop
Sunday, May 20, 2018, 8 am-5 pm
Westin Boston Waterfront, Boston, MA
The annual Chapter Leadership Development Workshop (LDW) focuses on the needed skills for chapter officers, board members, and chairs to successfully manage and lead a chapter in fulfilling AACN’s mission. Participants often return each year and regularly rate this workshop as very effective.
This year’s workshop, planned by the Chapter Advisory Team, will focus on authentic leadership – one of the Healthy Work Environment standards. Details are still being worked out, and more information will be coming soon. For now, register for LDW when you register for NTI – with class code PC125. The LDW is open to all chapter members, officers, leaders and potential future leaders; there is no limit to the number of chapter members who may attend for $110 each.
Each AACN chapter that attends LDW will receive a one-time $450 grant to help defray the cost, and we highly recommend that each chapter’s president-elect attend. Boston residents: even if you can’t attend the full NTI, consider joining us just for LDW. Register for class code PC125.
This is an excellent opportunity to become more involved in your chapter while building on your skills, not to mention the multiple networking opportunities throughout the day.
If you have already registered for NTI but not LDW, simply contact our friends in Customer Care to amend your registration. Their number is 800-899-2226. We look forward to seeing you at LDW!
NTI 2018 Host Chapters
Sunday, May 20 – Thursday, May 24, 2018
Boston Convention & Exhibition Center – In the Resource Center
The Greater Boston, Merrimack Valley and New Hampshire Seacoast Chapters welcome you to the Annual National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition (NTI). Our boards of directors and members are sure that you will enjoy your stay in Boston.
We hope you will take some time to explore the city. After spending a day full of educational sessions, there's so much to experience at night. Learn more about our great city.
Be sure to stop by the Host Chapter Booth to say hello and pick up your NTI ribbons. If this is your first time to NTI, you’ll want to begin participating in the popular tradition of collecting ribbons that recognize and display your accomplishments — such as chapter member or officer, certifications, years of AACN membership, voting member, plus many others.
We will also be available to answer any questions you may have about our beautiful city. There is so much to enjoy at this year’s meeting. If there is anything we can do to help, please ask. Above all, enjoy your stay!
AACN Local Engagement for Educational & Networking Opportunities
Monday, May 21 - Thursday, May 24, 2018
We encourage all members to attend these sessions on AACN local engagement for educational and networking opportunities:
|Date / Time||Session||Facilitators||Room||Class Code|
|Monday, May 21|
|12:00 –1:15 pm||Chapter Best Practices Roundtable||Stephanie Ray-Nichols, RN, BSN, CCRN and Jennifer Phillips, RN, MSN, CCRN, FCCS||260||C75M467|
|3:15 –4:15 pm||Guided by WHY; Let me talk to you about WHY Social Media = Increased Engagement@ Local Level||Deron Dunnington, RN, BSN, CCRN-CSC||260||C60M474|
|Tuesday, May 22|
|11:30 am –12:30 pm||Building and Sustaining Healthy Work Environment Standards within AACN Chapters||Anna Dermenchyan, MSN, RN, CCRN-K and Angela Benefield, RN, MSN, AGCNS, CCRN-CSC-CMC||260||C60M476|
|11:30 am –12:45 pm||AACN Annual Meeting||**All AACN members are invited!||Ballroom East||C75M464|
|4:15 –5:30 pm||Planning Chapter Educational Programs||Lynn Orser, MSN, RN, CCRN, PCCN, RN-BC and Deborah Hurley, DNP, RN, CCRN-K, CNL||260||C75M468|
|Wednesday, May 23|
|1:00 am –2:15 pm||Why AACN Needs You: Become a Volunteer||Sheryl Leary, PhD, RN, CCNS, CCRN, PCCN-K; Pamela Bolton, RN, MS, ACNPC, CCNS, CCRN, PCCN; Rebecca Long, RN, MS, ACNS-BC, CMSRN||260||C75M449|
|2:45 –3:45 pm||Ambassador Best Practices Roundtable||Melinda Messenger-Stout||260||C60M461|
|2:45 –3:45 pm||Beacon Journey Roundtable||Michelle Sanchez, RN, BSN AACN Beacon Program Manager||Ballroom East||C60M462|
NTI Chapter Rebate
AACN is offering a $75 rebate to each AACN chapter member who registers to attend NTI in Boston, May 21-24, 2018. Things you should know about the NTI chapter rebate:
- The $75 rebate on the NTI registration fee is available to any current chapter member.
- To apply for the rebate, complete the rebate form and attach proof of your chapter membership.
- Submit your rebate application any time after you receive confirmation that your NTI registration has been processed. You do not need to wait until after NTI. In fact, by submitting early it is possible that you will receive your rebate before NTI.
- You will receive your rebate in the same form in which you paid for the conference:
- If you paid by credit card, the rebate will be credited to your card.
- If you paid by check, you will receive a rebate check.
- If your employer paid your registration with a company check, the rebate check will be sent to your employer.
- Your rebate will be processed as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of NTI registrations that typically arrive during this time, it may take up to 12 weeks to receive your rebate.
- All rebates must be postmarked by June 1, 2018. This allows AACN to process all rebates in a timely manner so it can close out the fiscal year on June 30.