Being prepared is the best way to ensure our patients and our safety during natural disasters, outbreaks and other threats. Find the latest resources here.
Emergency/Natural Disaster Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity Emergency Preparedness Resources
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Disease Outbreak Resources
- CDC Zika Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Institutes of Health The Fogarty International Center – Zika Virus Information and Resources
- The Journal of Medical Association (JAMA) Zika Information & Infographic
- CDC Ebola Information for Clinicians in the U.S.
- CDC Guidance for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Joint Commission Ebola Preparedness Resources
- HHS Ebola Virus Disease: Information for U.S. Healthcare Workers
- Emory Healthcare Ebola Preparedness Protocols
- Nebraska Medical Center Ebola Information
- HHS Guidance on HIPAA in emergencies
Nurse Safety Resources
For institution specific policies, please refer to your organization’s safety guidelines.
Safe Patient Handling
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Safe Patient Handling Tools and Resources
- CDC Safe Patient Handling Information
- Joint Commission Improving Patient and Worker Safety Document
- FBI Active Shooter Planning and Response in a Healthcare Setting Document
- OSHA Guidelines for Preventing Workplace Violence for Healthcare and Social Service Workers
Infection Prevention and Control
Other Helpful Resources
For media inquiries, please contact Kristie Aylett, AACN Communications at (228) 229-9472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For other inquiries, please contact AACN's Customer Care Department at 1-800-899-2226.