Being prepared is the best way to ensure our patients and our safety during natural disasters, outbreaks and other threats. Find the latest resources here.
Emergency/Natural Disaster Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity Emergency Preparedness Resources
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Disease Outbreak Resources
- CDC Zika Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Institutes of Health The Fogarty International Center – Zika Virus Information and Resources
- The Journal of Medical Association (JAMA) Zika Information & Infographic
- CDC Ebola Information for Clinicians in the U.S.
- CDC Guidance for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Joint Commission Ebola Preparedness Resources
- HHS Ebola Virus Disease: Information for U.S. Healthcare Workers
- Emory Healthcare Ebola Preparedness Protocols
- Nebraska Medical Center Ebola Information
- HHS Guidance on HIPAA in emergencies
Nurse Safety Resources
For institution specific policies, please refer to your organization’s safety guidelines.
Safe Patient Handling
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Safe Patient Handling Tools and Resources
- CDC Safe Patient Handling Information
- Joint Commission Improving Patient and Worker Safety Document
- FBI Active Shooter Planning and Response in a Healthcare Setting Document
- OSHA Guidelines for Preventing Workplace Violence for Healthcare and Social Service Workers
Infection & Prevention Control
Other Helpful Resources
For media inquiries, please contact Kristie Aylett, AACN Communications at (228) 229-9472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For other inquiries, please contact AACN's Customer Care Department at 1-800-899-2226.