Fast Facts for the Cardiac Surgery Nurse, 2nd Ed.
The second edition is completely revised and updated, with such highlights as new coverage of risk factors for stroke, thoracic aortic aneurysms, and congenital heart disease, and updates on new surgical techniques and devices. New illustrations help to clarify crucial information and tables are reorganized to emphasize commonly used medications. The heart of the book focuses on post-op complications and nursing interventions to prevent and treat them. The book’s five sections are comprised of the Preoperative Period, the Intraoperative Period, the Immediate Postoperative Period, the Extended Postoperative Period, and the Recovery Period, including discharge and long-term rehabilitation. Each section includes nursing considerations and patient education topics. Nurse-sensitive indicators and strategies for improving nursing care are featured throughout.
New to the Second Edition:
- Updates including new surgical techniques and devices
- Additional graphics to increase reader comprehension
- Modifications to tables for ease of access to information
- New sections on thoracic aortic aneurysms and congenital heart disease
- New chapter on stroke with a focus on postoperative treatment options
Product Code: 100262
Authors: T. Hodge