Product Code: 120578
Mastering Precepting: A Nurse´s Handbook for Success
Nurse Preceptors live at the intersections of education/practice and of the present/future. They are the essential link between what nurses are taught and what they do, and between what nurses know and what they need to know.
Mastering Precepting: A Nurse´s Handbook for Success, Beth Tamplet Ulrich and contributors share their experiences, advice, theory, and research findings to better describe the role of precepting and the importance of it. This book is not only a primer for the new preceptor but a resource to consult as needed over a lifetime of precepting.
Throughout its 13 chapters, Mastering Precepting looks at the role of preceptor: learning strategies, communication, coaching, technology, behaviors and motivation, and self-care. It focuses on improving the skills of those who serve as preceptors, not only for new graduates but for nurses transitioning from any nursing role into another.
Table of Contents:
1. The Preceptor Role
2. Learning: The Foundation of Precepting
3. Precepting Strategies
4. Competence, Critical Thinking, Clinical Judgment and
5. Having a Plan: Developing and Using Objectives, Goals, and Outcomes
8. Effectively Using Instructional Technologies
9. Precepting Specific Learner Populations
10. Assessing and Addressing Preceptee Behavior and Motivation
11. Pragmatics of Precepting
12. For Managers: Selecting, Supporting, and Sustaining Preceptors
13. The Practice of Self-Care to Prevent Burnout and
Create the Optimal Healing Environment
ISBN #: 9781935476597
Author: B. Ulrich