Product Code: 128720
Certification and Core Review for Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing, 5th Ed.
Prepare for the neonatal intensive care nursing certification exam with the new edition of “Certification and Core Review for Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing.” This powerful review tool was developed in collaboration with three leading nursing organizations - American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses and National Association of Neonatal Nurse
The 5th edition includes 225 new review questions: 75 in the book and 150 online on the Evolve companion website. The book prepares nurses for the exam with hundreds of study questions and test simulation. In addition, the latest edition features:
- Updated review content that reflects AACN’s latest CCRN-Neonatal exam and National Certification Corporation’s latest Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-NIC) exam
- The newest evidence-based guidelines for neonatal critical care
- Three new chapters: “Grieving Process,” “Quality Improvement” and Facilitation of Learning”
- A new focus on culturally sensitive care in an expanded chapter titled “Family Integration and Culturally Sensitive Care”
Table of Contents:
Section I: General Assessment and Management
1. Assessment of Fetal Well-Being
2. Adaptation to Extrauterine Life
3. Neonatal Resuscitation
4. Physical Assessment
5. Gestational Age Assessment
7. Fluids and Electrolytes
8. Nutrition Management
9. Developmental Support
10. Radiographic Evaluation
12. Care of the Extremely Low Birth Weight Infant
13. Care of the Late-Preterm Infant
Section II: Pathophysiology
14. Cardiovascular Disorders
15. Pulmonary Disorders
16. Gastrointestinal Disorders
17. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
18. Hematologic Disorders
19. Neurologic Disorders
20. Renal and Genitourinary Disorders
21. Genetic and Congenital Anomalies
22. Immunologic Disorders and Infections
23. Dermatologic Disorders
24. Auditory and Ophthalmologic Disorders
25. Maternal-Fetal Complications
26. Pain Assessment and Management
27. Perinatal Substance Abuse
Section III: Psychosocial and Behavioral Adjustments
28. Family Integration and Culturally Sensitive Care EXPANDED AND REFOCUSED!
29. Discharge Planning and Transition to Home
30. Grieving Process NEW!
Section IV: Professional Practice NEW section!
31. Quality Improvement NEW!
32. Patient Safety
34. Legal Issues
35. Ethical Issues
36. Facilitation of Learning NEW!
Section V: Answer Key
ISBN #: 9780323391290
Editors: R. Watson, B. Diehl