Product Code: 300905
PCCN/PCCN-K Certification Review Course: Institutional License on Disc
This item is non-refundable
Learning Activity Title: PCCN/PCCN-K Certification Review Course
This comprehensive review course helps nurses confidently prepare for the PCCN or PCCN-K certification exam. It applies to:
- PCCN — For nurses who provide direct care to acutely ill adult patients
- PCCN-K — For nurses who do not exclusively or primarily practice in direct care but influence the care delivered to acutely ill adult patients
The disc offers a review of the clinical content covered by the current test plans for the PCCN (Adult) and PCCN-K (Adult) exams, including professional caring and ethical practice, as identified in the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care. It is designed for purchase by hospitals and health systems, allowing you to use the content to help prepare any number of nurses for the PCCN (Adult) or PCCN-K (Adult) exam. Use of the disc is permitted on an intranet or network system but may not be duplicated. It is designed to be used along with a Group Participant Package , which is purchased for each learner to complement and supplement the recorded content, and provide a mechanism for the learner to obtain CE hours.
With an intuitive modular format, the PCCN/PCCN-K Certification Review Course is ideal for exam preparation. It includes:
- An in-depth overview of all test topics to reaffirm clinical knowledge
- Practice questions posed in an exam-like environment
- Video for selected content and case scenarios to directly relate course content to clinical practice
- Test-taking tips to increase success in answering exam questions
- Repeatable modules to help ensure content retention
The PCCN and PCCN-K certification exams focus 80 percent on clinical judgment and 20 percent on professional caring and ethical practice. Our detailed review course prepares your nurses in the following categories:
Professional Caring and Ethical Practice
- Advocacy/Moral Agency
- Caring Practices
- Response to Diversity
- Facilitation of Learning
- Systems Thinking
- Clinical Inquiry
At the completion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Validate their knowledge of progressive care nursing
- Briefly review the pathophysiology of single and multisystem dysfunction in adult patients and the medical and pharmacologic management of each
- Identify the progressive care nursing management needs of adult patients with single or multisystem organ abnormalities
- Learners must complete 100 percent of the activity and the associated evaluation to be awarded the contact hours or CERP. No partial credit will be awarded.
- 12.8 contact hours awarded, CERP Category A
Are your nurses eligible to take the PCCN or PCCN-K exam? Eligibility requirements and links to handbooks with test plans are available on our “Get Certified” pages — click here to get started: PCCN (Adult) or PCCN-K (Adult) .
PCCN and PCCN-K certifications emphasize the knowledge that the progressive nursing specialty requires and the essential acute care nursing practices that nurses can apply in their role in a stepdown unit, emergency or telemetry department, or another progressive care environment.
PCCN and PCCN-K specialty certifications also demonstrate this knowledge and dedication to hospital administrators, peers and patients, while giving nurses the satisfaction of their achievement. PCCN and PCCN-K credentials are granted by AACN Certification Corporation.
Help your nurses validate and enhance their knowledge and improve patient outcomes. Take advantage of this detailed review course and encourage them to apply for PCCN or PCCN-K certification.
Important: Please download and read “Institutional License" prior to purchase. By purchasing, you agree to abide by the Terms of the License Agreement.
Authors/Facilitators/Presenters & Credentials
- Carol Ann Rauen, MS, RN-BC, CCRN, PCCN, CEN
- Sara Knippa, MS, RN, ACCNS-AG, CCRN, PCCN
Note: This disc will work on a personal computer (PC) or MAC with a DVD-ROM or a DVD-RAM drive. This disc is not designed to be used in a DVD player/console that is connected to a television or home theater system.
This activity has been reviewed by the nurse planner. It has been determined that the material presented here shows no bias. Approval of a continuing education (CE) activity does not imply AACN or ANCC approval or endorsement of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
AACN Certification Corporation does not approve, endorse, or require for eligibility use of any specific exam preparation products.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC's) Commission on Accreditation, ANCC Provider Number 0012. AACN has been approved as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CBRN), Provider Number 1036. This activity is approved for 12.8 contact hours, CERP Category A.
AACN programming meets the standards of most states that require mandatory CE contact hours for license and/or certification renewal. AACN recommends consulting with your state board of nursing or credentialing organization before submitting CE to fulfill continuing education requirements.
CE Expiration Date: February 28, 2024
This item is non-refundable