Product Code: 300930
ACNPC-AG Certification Review Course on Disc
Learning Activity Title: ACNPC-AG Certification Review Course
Authors/Facilitators/Presenters & Credentials:
Linda A. Briggs, DNP, ACNP-BC, ANP-BC, CCRN
Helen F. Brown, MS, BC-ACNP, BC-FNP
Joseph Haymore, MS, RN, CCRN, ACNP-BC
Kiersten Henry, CCNS, CCRN-CMC
Nancy Munro, RN, MN, CCRN, ACNP-BC
Review course content is based on and fully aligns with AACN Certification Corporation’s new ACNPC-AG test plan. Course contributors are nationally known subject matter experts – all of whom are acute care nurse practitioners – presenting in their areas of expertise.
The ACNPC-AG review incorporates the same modular structure as the new ACNPC-AG test plan, employing a question and answer format to provide both a thorough review of the specialized physiologic and psyschologic needs of adult-gerontology (young adult to frail elderly) patients, and the corresponding rationale behind the information presented.
To further support learning, the course questions are framed in the context of patient care rather than clinical knowledge alone. Research and evidence-based practice are emphasized throughout the course, and Synergy Model concepts are also explored and addressed.
At the completion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Validate your knowledge of critical care nursing prior to sitting for the ACNPC-AG certification exam.
- Identify the areas of study you will need to focus on prior to sitting for the ACNPC-AG certification exam.
- Describe the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care and the blueprint for the ACNPC-AG certification exam.
- Learners must complete 100% of the activity and the associated evaluation to be awarded CE.
- 9.5 Contact Hours and 1.4 pharmacology hours are awarded for successful completion of this CE activity (60 minute contact hour), CERP A.
This CE activity has been reviewed by the Nurse Planner. It has been determined that the material presented here shows no bias. This CE activity expires on February 1, 2018.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation, Provider Number 0012 (60-minute contact hour). AACN has been approved as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the State Board of Registered Nursing of California, Provider Number 01036 (50-minute contact hour).