Product Code: 301518
Clearance - 20% off
The Stroke Book, 2nd Ed.
Designed for use by busy professionals who need quick answers, this revised and updated second edition of The Stroke Book is a concise and practical reference for anyone involved in managing critically ill cerebrovascular patients. It covers a wide range of common conditions such as ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, subarachnoid hemorrhages and intracranial aneurysms. It provides focused protocols for assessing and treating stroke patients in the emergency room, intensive care unit or general hospital setting. A new chapter summarizes key clinical trials for stroke therapies.
· User-friendly format
· Packed with algorithms, tables and summary boxes for immediate access to key information
· A color plate section illustrates key pathology and diagnostic imaging
Written by experienced contributors from leading stroke centers, this is an essential companion for navigating stroke-related clinical situations successfully and making informed decisions about treatment.
Table of Contents:
Part I. Assessment of Stroke Patients:
1. Emergency medical services (EMS): first line of defense against stroke Noah Grose and Michel Torbey
2. Initial assessment of patients with stroke-like symptoms Martinson K. Arnan and Rafael H. Llinas
3. Clinical stroke syndromes and localization Richard P. Goddeau, Jr
Part II. The Hunt for a Stroke Etiology:
4. The hunt for a stroke etiology: ischemic stroke Alex Perchuk and Réza Behrouz
5. The hunt for a stroke etiology: hemorrhagic stroke Angelos Katramados and Panayiotis Varelas
6. Uncommon causes of stroke and stroke mimics Andrew W. Tarulli
Part III. Acute Stroke Imaging:
7. Computed tomography in acute stroke Jason M. Johnson and Michael H. Lev
8. Magnetic resonance imaging in acute stroke Magdy Selim
9. Neurosonology in acute ischemic stroke Maher Saqqur, Vijay Sharma and Andrei V. Alexandrov
Part IV. Management of Stroke Patients:
10. Ischemic stroke in the first 24 hours Magdy Selim
11. Management of the acute ischemic stroke patient beyond 24hours Eric Bershad and Jose I. Suarez
12. Intracerebral hemorrhage Katja Elfriede-Wartenberg and Stephan A. Mayer
13. Subarachnoid hemorrhage and its medical management Susan Yeager and Diana Greene-Chandos
14. Dural and cerebral venous thrombosis Joshua Kornbluth and Romergryko G. Geocadin
Part V. Stroke in Consultation:
15. Perioperative stroke Hardik Amin and David M. Greer
16. Stroke on OB/Gyn wards Ann K. Helms
17. Stroke on pediatric wards Catherine Amlie-Lefond
Part VI. Prevention of First and Recurrent Stroke:
18. Antithrombotic therapies Sarah Adriance and Michel Torbey
19. Surgical and endovascular therapies Ciaran Powers and Eric Sauvageau
20. Stroke risk factors: impact and management Laura Pedelty and Philip B. Gorelick
21. Synopsis of landmark studies in ischemic stroke Magdy Selim
ISBN #: 9781107634725
Editors: M. Torbey, M. Selim
Discount will be applied at Checkout.
SUBJECT TO AVAILIBILITY - CLEARANCE ITEMS ARE NON-RETURNABLE.