Cardiac Nursing Course and Cardiac Medicine Certification (CMC) Review Course Online
Produced by: Cardiovascular Nursing Education Associates (CNEA)
- Carol Jacobson, MN, RN
- Karen Marzlin, DNP, RN, CCNS, CCRN-CMC, CHFN - Acute Care CNS, Duquesne University
- Cynthia Webner, DNP, RN, CCNS, CCRN-CMC, CHFN - Acute Care CNS and Acute Care NP, Aultman Hospital
The Cardiac Nursing Course and Cardiac Medicine Certification (CMC) Review Course is designed to supplement a critical care/progressive care/telemetry nursing orientation or residency program, provide a review for experienced nurses working with cardiac patients in any inpatient or outpatient setting, and serves as a review course for the Cardiac Medicine Certification (CMC) exam offered by AACN Certification Corporation.
Course content is based on the test plan for the CMC exam and provides in-depth and evidence-based information related to the care of adult cardiac patients.
At the completion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology, presentation, assessment, monitoring and management of adult patients with problems involving the cardiovascular system.
- Validate and enhance their knowledge of the care of patients with cardiovascular problems and other patient care problems as listed in the CMC Test Plan.
- Identify areas for study in preparation for taking the Cardiac Medicine Certification exam.
Product Code: CMCODCNEA
- Learners must complete 100% of the activity and the associated evaluation to be awarded the contact hours. No partial credit will be awarded.
- 25 contact hours awarded (50 min. contact hour)
Cardiovascular Nursing Education Associates (CNEA) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education through the California Board of Registered Nursing (CBRN). CBRN provider number is 15714. This course is approved for 25 contact hours based on a 50 minute contact hour per CBRN standard. This CE activity expires on 2/28/2019.
AACN Certification Corporation does not participate in the development of any AACN exam preparation products and does not approve, endorse or recommend any of these products.
Note: Contact CNEA for Technical Requirements of this online course.