To apply online, go to your certification renewal page and click the Renew button.
Inactive status is available to CCRN, CCRN-K, CCRN-E, PCCN, PCCN-K, CMC and CSC certificants who do not meet renewal eligibility requirements prior to their certification expiration date. Inactive status allows certified nurses up to three years from their scheduled renewal date to meet eligibility requirements.
- During Inactive status, you may not use the respective credential but may reactivate your certification anytime during the 3-year Inactive status period, as soon as you meet all of the established renewal eligibility requirements.
- Eligibility requirements must be accrued within a 3-year period with a portion of the practice hours accrued in the most recent year preceding reactivation. To calculate, count back three years from the date you submit your active status renewal application.
- For example, Mary's certification is due to expire on October 31, 2016. She applies for Inactive status, which begins November 1, 2016. She completes several CE courses and acquires the needed CERPs by February 28, 2017, and would now like to reactivate. If she applies for certification renewal on March 31, 2017, all eligible CERPs and practice hours would need to have been completed during the 3-year period of April 1, 2014, to March 31, 2017.
- When moving from Inactive status to active status, your new 3-year certification period begins on the first day of the month following your application date.
- You may not hold Inactive status for two consecutive renewal periods.
Inactive Status Fees
|CCRN, CCRN-K, CCRN-E,
PCCN & PCCN-K
|CMC & CSC|
Payable in U.S. Funds. Fees are subject to change without notice.