On December 11, 2002, AACN took a big step with a bold voice and released to the media a definitive report on the benefits that specialty certification for nurses brings to the public, employers and to nurses themselves.
Titled Safeguarding the Patient and the Profession: The Value of Critical Care Nurse Certification, the report puts forth a call to action for all who can influence and will benefit from certified nurses' contribution to patient care.
The release of this white paper is a major part of AACN's initiative to raise awareness of the value of nurse certification. Access the press release, report and additional reference documents below.
White Paper References & Links
- Press Release (3 pages)
- Executive Summary of White Paper
- Full Version of White Paper (24 pages, includes 2-page Executive Summary)
Related Reference Documents
- AACN Survey Findings (2001)
- Harris Poll Findings (2002)
- Key Influencer Survey Findings (2002)
- Nurse Pay: Specialties and Certification (2018 Survey)