The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses’ National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition (NTI) is the premier clinical educational program, providing high acuity and critical care nurses continuing education in support of excellence. This year we will once again be awarding scholarships established under AACN’s Continuing Professional Development to financially assist AACN members with attendance at NTI.
The NTI Veteran Attendee Scholarship will be awarded to AACN members who have attended one or more prior NTIs. The NTI First Time Attendee Scholarship is for members who have not been able to attend, providing them an opportunity to experience NTI and all it has to offer. The number and dollar amount of scholarships awarded each year will depend upon funds available.
NTI Scholarships (Boston, May 20-24, 2018)
Available scholarships to be awarded:
- Twenty-five (25) NTI Veteran Attendee Scholarships
- Twenty-five (25) NTI First-Time Attendee Scholarships
- Complimentary full registration
- Airfare, arranged through AACN’s agent, All Direct Travel
- Four nights single-occupancy accommodations at an NTI hotel assigned by AACN. If you choose to book your own hotel, you will not be reimbursed through the scholarship fund.
- $250 for expenses during NTI
Recipients will be required to:
- Attend the full conference, arriving Sunday, May 20 and departing Thursday, May 24.
- Use NTI tools — ntiActionPak, NTI Network and NTI Learning Action Journal and be prepared to provide feedback.
- Pre NTI — Engage with the NTI online community, participate in discussions with other recipients and use scheduling on NTI Network before the conference.
- During NTI — Be willing to participate in various activities such as “Navigating NTI” session; attend a “Meet and Greet” with other scholarship recipients; and participate in interviews with AACN staff as requested.
- Post NTI — Complete a summary evaluation documenting your experiences and how the scholarship and attending NTI helped you achieve your goals. Provide a summary 90 days after the conference on how new knowledge was shared with your unit and applied in practice for better patient outcomes. This feedback is a critical part of recipient responsibilities.
- Agree to be listed on the AACN website as a recipient of the scholarship.
- Provide their Social Security number or tax ID number. Scholarship funding is considered taxable income to recipients, and AACN is required by the IRS to file Form 1099-MISC.
Eligible if you have:
- Current active (RN status) membership in AACN at time of application and through the term of the funded activity (March–August 2018).
- Attended one or more NTIs (for the NTI Veteran Attendee Scholarship).
- Not attended NTI (for the NTI First Time Attendee Scholarship).
Not eligible if you are a:
- Member of the AACN or AACN Certification Corporation board of directors or national office staff.
- Recipient of an AACN scholarship greater than $999 between July 2017 and June 2018.
- A recipient of any other scholarships or financial support to attend NTI 2018.
- Complete online NTI scholarship application.
- Membership number
- Position and facility where employed
- Thoughtful responses to survey questions including your goals for attending and how you will share and apply new knowledge with your work colleagues.
- Deadline — December 8, 2017
- Recipients will be notified via email by January 15, 2018.
For questions, email email@example.com.