Product Code: 100240
Fast Facts for the Cath Lab Nurse, 2nd Ed.
The only book for nurses new to the cath lab environment, this quick-access orientation guide clearly explains the nurse's primary responsibilities during routine diagnostic and interventional procedures.
Written in a concise, easy-to-read format with streamlined, bulleted information, this orientation guide delivers step-by-step information on common interventions and procedures. It clarifies the roles of an interdisciplinary team within the cath lab and offers anatomy reviews as needed. Illustrative tables, examples of common homodynamic calculations, and images of pressure waveforms and angiograms provide vital information. Each chapter includes key learning objectives and Fast Facts summaries that highlight salient points. The book also serves as a reference for those seeking RCIS certification.
New to the Second Edition:
- New chapter: Adults with Congenital Heart Disease
- New images of peripheral angiography and intervention
- Updated information on anesthesia support, procedural complications, emergency care and structural heart procedures
- Information on new vascular closure devices and device innovations
- Provides overview of roles within interdisciplinary team
- Supplies detailed, step-by-step information about each procedure
- Includes tables, examples of common hemodynamic calculations, images of pressure waveforms and angiogram
- Offers key learning objectives and Fast Facts summaries in each chapter
ISBN #: 9780826162892
Author: B. McCulloch