Product Code: 120450
Fast Facts for the Nurse Preceptor: Keys to Providing a Successful Preceptorship, 2nd Ed.
This quick-access guide for novice nurse preceptors walks through, step-by-step, how to successfully orient new nurses to the hospital environment. Preceptors are key to staff retention, job satisfaction, improved quality of care, patient safety and transition to practice. This second edition explains all the requisites for demonstrating, guiding, and mentoring new nurses through the process of delivering safe, evidence-based, patient-centered care.
While reviewing the basics like shift organization, prioritization, communication, delegation, and conflict resolution, this orientation guide delineates the essential qualities of a competent preceptor and their primary responsibilities. It discusses the knowledge and skills a successful preceptor must impart to new nurses while acclimating to a variety of teaching and learning styles.
- Helps preceptors to serve as excellent role models, mentors, and teachers for new nurses
- Offers quick-access, step-by-stop guidance with short paragraphs and bulleted information
- Uses case studies to highlight both common and challenging precepting scenarios
- Includes evidence-based content throughout
- Contains competency assessment and evaluation forms
ISBN #: 9780826136015
Author: M. Ciocco