Product Code: 124265
Fast Facts About Stroke Care for the Advanced Practice Nurse, 4th Ed.
This practical guide to diagnostic tests, advanced treatments, medication management, research protocols, and best practice standards is a quick and handy reference for the advanced practice nurse caring for stroke patients. Fast Facts About Stroke Care for the Advanced Practice Nurse serves as an instructive resource for advanced practice providers not specializing in neurology or neurocritical care but who are increasingly called upon to care for patients suffering from stroke while integrating into a multidisciplinary stroke team.
This new book provides foundational information on the anatomy and physiology of the stroke patient, as well as diagnostic and assessment tools and details on treatment and education. In addition, the book provides important information on critical care, pharmacology, end-of-life management, and research, as well as examining the role of the advanced practice provider who is integrating within the core stroke team.
- Reflects the most current standards of the American Heart Association, American Stroke Association, and the leading certifying organizations
- Foundational information on stroke care, anatomy, and physiology
- Comprehensive review of diagnostic studies and treatments
- Information on stroke research protocols, pharmacology, and end-of-life management
- Advanced level resource for new and seasoned advanced practice providers
ISBN #: 9780826176035
Authors: K. Morrison, D. McLaughlin