Product Code: 128019
COVID-19: A Critical Care Textbook, 1st Ed.
Written by nurses for nurses, the book will help readers master patient assessment, non-invasive ventilation, the use of high flow nasal oxygenation and renal care. You will learn about the challenges of resuscitation, leadership and responding to a public health emergency, and effective personal protection and hygiene practices.
This textbook has been written by experts with frontline experience of working in hospitals during the pandemic and will remain relevant for those responding to future infectious disease outbreaks or waves of Covid-19.
Table of Contents:
- A Critical Care Perspectives
- Assessment of a Critically Ill Patient
- Non-Invasive Ventilation
- Invasive Ventilation
- Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation & Tracheostomy Care
- Renal Care
- Advanced Life Support
- Severe COVID-19 Disease in Pregnancy
- Professional and Legal Issues
- Resource Limited Environment
- Severe COVID-19 Case Study
- Lessons Learnt
- Glossary of Terms
ISBN #: 9780702083839
Authors: C. Carter, J. Notter