Product Code: 128315
The Nation of Nurses
2021 First-Place AJN Book of the Year Award Winner in the Professional Issues category.
Firmly grounded in the digital age, this unique and innovative book focuses on the challenges and opportunities for nurses in the 21st century.
Based on the author's extensive experience with digital and online trends, communities, and spaces, the book offers practical strategies whereby nurses can assert themselves within the healthcare and education systems to make positive change on institutional, regional, and national levels. Focusing on nurse self-advocacy, the book offers concrete strategies to ameliorate a top concern for nurses: a perceived lack of power and respect in the workplace. It features step-by-step processes for empowering and mobilizing nurses as change agents at a systemic level, demonstrates how nurses can alter cultural norms and perceptions of their profession, and illustrates how nurses can maximize their influence and impact on institutional and government policy. Woven throughout is the author's extraordinary personal story of rising from a Certified Nursing Assistant to CEO of the largest nurse-run online community.
- Delivers contemporary strategies to help nurses powerfully assert themselves within the healthcare and education systems toward effecting positive change
- Discusses how nurses can significantly impact healthcare on institutional, regional, and national levels
- Addresses a top concern for nurses: a perceived lack of power and respect in the workplace
- Accessibly written for all nurses with step-by-step instructions for implementing the book's concepts and strategies
- Demonstrates how to use social media platforms to expand the influence of nurses in the healthcare system
ISBN #: 9780826152671
Author: J. Johnson