Product Code: 128600
Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 4th Ed.
The scope of practice statement answers the who, what, when, where, how, and why questions of nursing. The standards provide authoritative statements of the actions and behaviors that all registered nurses are expected to competently perform, regardless of role, population, specialty, and setting. Each standard is accompanied by detailed competencies for the three practice levels.
The product of extensive thought work by many registered nurses, this new edition provides:
- A revised and contemporary definition of nursing
- An extensive discussion of respect, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- The new ANA Professional Nursing Model and the revised Model Representing Regulation of Professional Nursing Practice
- An expanded discussion of the application of ethics in nursing
- A complete picture of the dynamic and complex practice of nursing and its membership and evolving boundaries.
- 18 national standards of practice and professional performance and their accompanying competencies
This premier professional resource informs and guides nurses in their vital work providing safe, quality, and competent care. It is a must-have for every registered nurse.
ISBN #: 978099308868