Product Code: 128870
AACN Core Curriculum for Pediatric High Acuity, Progressive and Critical Care, 3rd Ed.
“AACN Core Curriculum for Pediatric High Acuity, Progressive and Critical Care, 3rd Ed.", provides content required to deliver the best care for critically ill or injured children. As acuity increases in all inpatient departments and the practice of pediatric critical care expands beyond the acute phase of illness or injury, knowledge of pediatric critical care is more essential than ever. Pediatric acute and critical care nurses handle not only their patients, but also care for families and manage an inter-professional team of caregivers. With emphasis on evidence-based care and professionalism, this essential resource captures the professional role of pediatric critical care nurses, and their contributions to the process of continuous quality improvement.
Ideal for pediatric critical care and acute care nurses, high-acuity/critical care courses and for continuing education, the book contains core AACN guidelines for the highest-quality nursing practice. The text covers anatomic, physiologic, cognitive and psychosocial changes that occur throughout the pediatric life span. Chapters are systems focused and review developmental anatomy and physiology, clinical assessment, pharmacology, diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures. For each type of disease and injury, information is provided on pathophysiology, etiology, risk factors, signs and symptoms, nursing and collaborative interprofessional management, and complications.
- Delivers comprehensive, current information for nursing students and those preparing for the CCRN® pediatric exam
- Content is based on the most current standards of care, scope of practice, national guidelines, key AACN initiatives and the AACN Certification Corporation Pediatric CCRN® Test Plan
- Presented in easy-to-read outline format for quick access to information
- Written and endorsed by AACN and AACN-affiliated subject matter experts
- Provides case studies to illustrate patient scenarios
- Discusses the application of the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care in pediatric high-acuity and critical care nursing practice
- Includes in-depth coverage of multisystem problems such as multiple trauma, toxicology, septic shock and burns
Editor: M. Slota