Product Code: 301510
Fast Facts About Neurocritical Care: A Quick Reference for the Advanced Practice Provider
This pocket-sized guide delivers the essentials of best care for the neurocritical patient. Often missing from acute care courses, neurocritical care is a growing field, with more patients than ever admitted to the ICU for neurocritical conditions.
Written in an easy-access style, Fast Facts About Neurocritical Care covers the defining characteristics, clinical presentation, diagnostics, treatment, and nursing considerations of common neurological disorders seen in acute care settings. With learning objectives and illustrations, this reference is an invaluable resource for orientation into this often challenging specialty.
- Useful pocket resource for difficult-to-master neurological conditions presenting in ICU
- Addresses a growing area of healthcare―a rapidly expanding specialty requiring well-versed nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- Reviews the basic neurological exam, as well as exam of the comatose patient
- Explains pertinent diagnostics including CSF interpretation and different imaging modalities
- Discusses commonly used treatments and medications
- Presents an orientation resource to this challenging specialty.
ISBN #: 9780826188199
Author: D. McLaughlin