Product Code: 301952
Adult CCRN/CCRN-E/CCRN-K Certification Review Course Institutional License on Disc
Your nurses are experts at what they do every day. Help them validate their specialty knowledge and elevate patient care by becoming certified. AACN’s Adult CCRN/CCRNE/ CCRN-K Certification Review Course provides the tools your nurses need to confidently prepare for their acute/critical care nursing certification exam.
This comprehensive course provides an in-depth review of all content areas covered in the most current CCRN (Adult), CCRN-E (Adult) and CCRN-K (Adult) test plans, including detailed body systems topics as well as “Professional Caring and Ethical Practice” topics identified in the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care.
- A flexible, modular design that supports a variety of learning styles and allows repeating to ensure optimal retention
- An overview of nursing management for adult patients targeted to the content areas identified on the test plans
- Test-taking strategies to guide each nurse’s approach to exam questions and increase their success in providing answers
- Practice questions to help nurses apply their decision-making knowledge in a test-like environment
Intended for purchase by hospitals and health systems, our Institutional Review Course on disc enables organizations to prepare an unlimited number of nurses for their CCRN (Adult), CCRN-E (Adult) or CCRN-K (Adult) certification exam. To maximize the value of the course, AACN also offers an associated Group Participant Package (GPP). Purchased separately for each learner, the GPP supplements the recorded course content and allows learners to obtain CE hours.
Who Should Take the Course?
Whether your team provides direct care or remote care, or influences the care of acutely/critically ill adult patients, our certification review course helps support their certification journey. It is an ideal study resource for nurses pursuing certification as:
- CCRN – For nurses who provide direct care to acutely/critically ill adult patients
- CCRN-E – For nurses who work in a teleICU setting, monitoring and caring for acutely/critically ill adult patients from a remote location
- CCRN-K – For nurses who influence the care delivered to acutely/critically ill adult patients, but do not primarily or exclusively provide direct care
Are your nurses eligible to take the CCRN, CCRN-E or CCRN-K exam? Check eligibility and practice hour requirements, and explore links to each credential’s exam handbook and test plan, on our website:
Course content reflects the weighting of items on the CCRN, CCRN-E and CCRN-K Adult test plans and certification exams: 80% focus on clinical judgment, 20% focus on professional caring and ethical practice.
Professional Caring and Ethical Practice
- Advocacy/Moral Agency
- Caring Practices
- Response to Diversity
- Facilitation of Learning
- Systems Thinking
- Clinical Inquiry
At the completion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the critical care nursing management needs for adult patients with single- or multi-system organ abnormalities
- Outline assessment strategies and treatment options for critical care problems common in the adult population
- Summarize the pathophysiology of single- and multi-system dysfunction in adult patients, and the medical, nursing and pharmacologic management of each
- Learners must complete 100% of the activity and the associated evaluation to be awarded the contact hours or CERPs. No partial credit will be awarded.
- The course awards 15.5 hours, CERP Category A.
Agreement prior to purchase. By purchasing, you agree to abide by the terms of the License Agreement. Use of this program is permitted on an Intranet or network system, but the disc may not be duplicated.
Note: This disc will work on a personal computer (PC) or MAC with a DVD-ROM or DVD-RAM drive. The disc is not designed for use in a DVD player/console that is connected to a television or home theater system.
Authors/Facilitators/Presenters & Credentials
- Carol Ann Rauen, MS, RN-BC, PCCN, CCRN, CEN, TCRN
- Sara Knippa, MS, RN, ACCNS-AG, CCRN, PCCN
This activity has been reviewed by the Nurse Planner. It has been determined that the material presented here shows no bias. Approval of a continuing education (CE) activity does not imply AACN or ANCC approval or endorsement of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC's) Commission on Accreditation, ANCC Provider Number 0012. AACN has been approved as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CA BRN), California Provider number CEP 1036. This activity is approved for 15.5 contact hours. AACN programming meets the standards for most states that require mandatory continuing education contact hours for license and/or certification renewal. AACN recommends consulting with your state board of nursing or credentialing organization before submitting CE to fulfill continuing education requirements. CE Expiration Date: March 31, 2025.
AACN Certification Corporation does not approve, endorse, or require for eligibility use of any specific exam preparation products.
This item is non-refundable.