Product Code: 301952
Adult CCRN/CCRN-E/CCRN-K Certification Review Course Institutional License on Disc
Learning Activity Title: Adult CCRN/CCRN-E/CCRN-K Certification Review Course
Did you know that studies link CCRN/CCRN-E/CCRN-K certification with higher levels of clinical knowledge, skill and expertise, and that, in turn, improves patient outcomes?
CCRN/CCRN-E/CCRN-K certification not only helps nurses update their acute/critical care nursing knowledge but also allows them to apply it in their clinical practice and elevate their patient care.
Whether they’re responsible for direct care, remote care or influencing the care of acutely/critically ill patients, this comprehensive review course provides content they need to prepare confidently for the CCRN (Adult), the CCRN-E (Adult) or the CCRN-K (Adult) exam.
This Institutional Review Course disc is designed for purchase by hospitals and health systems, allowing you to use the content to help prepare any number of nurses for the Adult CCRN, CCRN-E or CCRN-K exam. It is designed to be used along with a Group Participant Package, which is purchased for each learner, and complements and supplements the recorded content and provides a mechanism for the learner to obtain CE credit.
The Adult CCRN/CCRN-E/CCRN-K Certification Review Course applies to:
- CCRN – Nurses who provide direct care to acutely/critically ill adult patients
- CCRN-E – Nurses who work in a teleICU setting, monitoring and caring for acutely/critically ill adult patients from a remote location
- CCRN-K – Nurses who influence the care delivered to acutely/critically ill adult patients, but do not primarily or exclusively provide direct care
This in-depth review course offers an overview of the current test plans for the CCRN (Adult), CCRN-E (Adult) or CCRN-K (Adult) exams including professional caring and ethical practices as identified in the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care.
We conveniently crafted the course with a simple modular design, tailored to support exam preparation needs, featuring:
- An overview of the nursing management for adult patients targeted to the content areas identified on the test plans
- Test taking strategies to enhance your nurses’ approach to exam questions and increase their success in answering them
- Practice questions to help your nurses apply decision-making knowledge in a test-like environment
- Repeatable modules to ensure optimal retention
Scoring for the CCRN, CCRN-E and CCRN-K certification exams focuses 80% on clinical judgment and 20% on professional caring and ethical practice. Our comprehensive course prepares your nurses in the following categories:
Professional Caring and Ethical Practice
- Advocacy/Moral Agency
- Caring Practices
- Response to Diversity
- Facilitation of Learning
- Systems Thinking
- Clinical Inquiry
At the completion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the critical care nursing management needs for adult patients with single or multi-system organ abnormalities
- Outline assessment strategies and treatment options for critical care problems common in the adult population
- Review the pathophysiology of single and multi-system dysfunction in adult patients and the medical, nursing and pharmacologic management of each
- Learners must complete 100% of the activity and the associated evaluation to be awarded the contact hours or CERPs. No partial credit will be awarded.
- 19.2 contact hours awarded (60-min. contact hour), CERP Category A
- 23 contact hours awarded (50-min. contact hour)
Are your nurses eligible to take the CCRN, CCRN-E or CCRN-K certification exam? Eligibility requirements and links to handbooks with test plans are available on our “Get Certified” pages – click here to get started: CCRN (Adult), CCRN-E (Adult) or CCRN-K (Adult).
CCRN/CCRN-E/CCRN-K certification reinforces the knowledge, skills and judgment that the acute/critical care nursing specialty requires. CCRN/CCRN-E/CCRN-K specialty certification also validates that knowledge and judgement to hospital administrators, peers and patients, while providing nurses with a well-earned sense of professional pride and achievement. CCRN, CCRN-E and CCRN-K credentials are granted by AACN Certification Corporation.
Is your team ready to join the more than 80,000 acute/critical care nurses certified worldwide? Apply for the CCRN (Adult), CCRN-E (Adult) or CCRN-K (Adult) certification exam today.
You may use this program in conjunction with the Group Participant Package (#301995) to prepare learners for the CCRN, CCRN-E or CCRN-K exam. Use of this program is permitted on an Intranet or network system, but may not be duplicated. The Group Participant Package, which includes an application for CE hours, must be purchased separately for each participant.
Authors/Facilitators/Presenters & Credentials
- Barbara “Bobbi” Leeper, MN, RN, RN-BC, CNS-MS, CCRN, FAHA
- Carol Rauen, MS, RN, RN-BC, PCCN, CCRN, CEN
- Mary Kay Bader, MS, RN, CCRN, CNRN, CCNS, FAHA
Note: This disc will work on a personal computer (PC) or MAC with a DVD-ROM or a DVD-RAM drive. This disc is not designed to be used in a DVD player/console that is connected to a television or home theater system.
This activity has been reviewed by the Nurse Planner. It has been determined that the material presented here shows no bias. Approval of a continuing education (CE) activity does not imply AACN or ANCC approval or endorsement of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
AACN Certification Corporation does not participate in the development of any AACN exam preparation products and does not approve, endorse or recommend any of these products.
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC's) Commission on Accreditation, ANCC Provider Number 0012 (60-min. contact hour). AACN has been approved as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the California State Board of Nursing, California Provider number CEP01036. This activity is approved for 23 contact hours (50-min. contact hour).
AACN programming meets the standards for most states that require mandatory continuing education contact hours for license and/or certification renewal. AACN recommends consulting with your state board of nursing or credentialing organization before submitting CE to fulfill continuing education requirements.
CE Expiration Date: June 15, 2020